Need Vegas suggestions/recommendations

Fool

Whiny Bitch
Veteran XX
Heading there for my birthday (march 6). Shoot me some suggestions for hotels, shows, bars, etc. What's a good place to book through?

I would suggest staying in a hotel off of the strip. The strip hotels are way over priced, and you can get anywhere in Vegas in about 15-25 minutes. The Hard Rock Hotel is a fun place. You should definitely check out their bar, lost of hot women there. The Double Down is also a good bar to check out. Have a good B-day in Vegas. Come by my bar and I will buy you a drink. It's on Russel/Pecos The Office 5.

stay on the strip for certain. Circus Circus is the cheapest on the strip. You don't spend much time in your hotel.
Fling :D

I'm staying on the strip. I'm going for the fun, not for the pinching of pennies.

Hit up as many clubs as possible. Everyone has different tastes. We stayed at the Alladin. Nice new place. The club they have is cool to, forgot the name though.

My personal favorite was Ice.

http://www.icelasvegas.com/home/main.asp

Rain was cool, so was Tabu. Rain is a huge club that plays different types of music. Gota check out their site to see what kind of DJ they are having. Tabu is a lounge club. Don't go there unless you want to spend a few bucks(might get lucky and see celebs) and sit down and relax to some good easy listening techno/house. The night I was there they had a Latino theme to the house music and they had some latin dancers on the tables. They were impressive. To give you a idea of the cost, I was drinking water that night and it cost me $7 per bottle. We got in free(buddy knows people in Vegas so they pulled some strings) but I think its around $20 for cover.

Last edited:
Is it better to just do hotel/airfare in one of those packages or separately?

Keep coming with the info guys. My wife and I are going in May. We have our flights booked but not hotel yet. I think I'm going with either MGM or Mirage.

MGM is in a nice location. I think the Mirage is around the corner from there. I don't remember though.

If the wifey likes shopping(how many women do you know that don't) then head over or stay at the Aladdin. It has a mall inside it. Pretty cool place.

The following is a real college guide to Vegas:

1st, stay on the strip so you don't have to take cabs everywhere (walking is good for you anyway). If you ever do take a cab, tell him you want to go around and get to your destination as fast as possible, rather than go down the strip (which takes forever).

2nd, go with like 5 buddies and all cram into the same room. To accomplish this just get your normal 2 room keys and split them between you, also space out your going up to the room if there is security at the elevators at like 5 am when you come back from clubs.

3rd, After sleeping in to avoid your hangover, go hit the pool for an hour or two, then try to shower and get to a buffet by about 4-5pm. This is when the buffets open for "dinner" as opposed to lunch. Then you just eat a ridiculous amount of the next 1.5 hours. Your second meal of the day will be alcohol anyway. The best buffets are the Aladdin and Bellagio.

4th, Gamble. Also use gambling as your means of free pre-gaming before going to the clubs. At about 9 or so start ordering those free crown and coke's or long islands at the table. Another key strategy is when you are waiting in line for the club (like Rain where the line is ridiculous) have half the guys stand in line holding your spot while the other half goes to the nickel slots. Put in a buck, sit there and pretend to play then order like 2 long islands from the waitress (tip her) and rotate with your buddies. Much better than paying $8 in the club for one.

5th, Get to clubs early (like between 10 and 11) if you are a group of guys. After awhile they just stop letting in guys and will only let in girls and guys that are explicitly with those girls. The bouncers are also on powertrips.

6th, The last night if you have a morning flight or whatever you can just check your bag at any hotel desk and then gamble/go on a bender all night before you get on the plane so you save a night's hotel costs.

7th, At the Barbury Coast there is a night spot that is supposed to be awesome starting at about 3:30-4AM but we never made it inside. They also have breakfast there (lots of food) for like $2 bucks, so it's a good stop after clubbing.

8th, Diff clubs are good different nights, and for different age groups. I particularly like Ra in the Luxor and Rain in the Palms.

9th, Lots of great strip clubs. I know we went to one strip club where we were able to call a limo to pick us up at any hotel, you all hop in, it will take you to the strip club (much nicer than a cab), and you get a reduced fee on your cover to the strip club. Pretty sweet deal, though you should tip the driver.

Doc Holliday said:
MGM is in a nice location. I think the Mirage is around the corner from there. I don't remember though.

IIRC, MGM is near the south end of the strip, across from Excalibur (SW), NYNY (NW), and Tropicana (SE).

I'm pretty sure The Mirage is near Caesar's Palace, which is a few hotels north, or roughly a thousand miles.. anyone who's walked the Strip understands what I mean by this.

I only offer one thing: Get drunk, but don't lose your faculties. There's so many fucking single women there that you want to at least be able to chat without laying on the ground in a pool of blood, piss and shit.

TStrike said:
9th, Lots of great strip clubs. I know we went to one strip club where we were able to call a limo to pick us up at any hotel, you all hop in, it will take you to the strip club (much nicer than a cab), and you get a reduced fee on your cover to the strip club. Pretty sweet deal, though you should tip the driver.

Careful with this...the cab drivers/limo's etc. get whatever cover you pay to the strip clubs...so if 4 of you take a cab to a strip club, a lot of them will charge you $20 cover instead of the normal $10 cover...then they take that $100 (20*4) cover and give it to the cab driver right out the back. I wouldn't tip the limo driver or whoever brings you to a strip club..they're getting big bucks to bring you there.

I went to 4 strip clubs the time I was there and the cover was at least $10 more if you arrived in a cab...and they'll ask you.

Last edited:
Back