Canadian currency verification needed

Scourge

Veteran XX
I heard that on the two dollar bill, the flag flying over the parliament building is an american flag. Is that true?

we don't have 2 dollar bills anymore so that might be hard to verify unless someone has one saved

also i think thats probably just some sort of weird myth

Decepti|<on said:
I prefer our rainbow money because its impossible to screw up and give a $100 bill instead of a $1 bill
They look pretty damn different, anyone who can't tell the difference deserves to lose 99$.

Last edited:
No. I've heard this before. It's actually the old pre-1965 canadian flag which looks like this:
old%20can%20flag.gif

Because of the union jack in the square in the upper left corner, and the tiny size of the flag on the old 2 dollar bill, (or was it the 1 dollar bill?) it's easily mistaken for the US flag.

So in fact, we used to have the British flag on our old bills (sorta)
Edit: it still exists on the $50 bill apparently.
Canadian50.jpg

Last edited:
The flag is the Canadian Red Ensign, traitorously (as some would say) removed by the liberal government of Pearson and replaced with the bland maple leaf, to appease the (french) Quebecois.

Most of the provinces use either the red ensign, a modified blue ensign (Alberta), or general something with the Union Jack, Cross of St. George (English), or Cross of St. Andrew (Nova Scotia). Notable exceptions are Quebec (french) and Saskatchewan, as well as P.E.I. which is something to do with King Edward.

Back