[Halo 2... or not?] Halo 2.5 Confirmed

nada

Veteran X
This is OFN to most halo poeple, but I searched and no info on TW. Letting you guys know.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7408/Halo-25-and-Xbox-2-The-Bomb/

As stated by a couple people, who whole 'febuary 9th' thing was a hoax, but there what many people assumed would drop that day, a 'Halo 2.5', has in fact been confirmed as a Launch Title for Xbox 2. Also confirmed are two of the three alleged versions of Xbox 2 (one being a straight game playing console, the next up with a HD, and the third mediaplayer/HD/game player/mini-PC -- the last still unconfirmed).

I personally think it's a cheap trick to hold people off for an eventual H3, and will probably split the community more than it needs to (many 'pro' and 'hardcore' H1 players have already quit due to the disappointment in H2), but I know I'll end up buying it anyway. Just makes you wonder whether this Halo 2.5 will be a solid game around for a while, simply an expansion pack, or a cheap filler only to be upstaged by H3 a few months after.

Halo 2.5 will prolly just be Halo 2 with new multi maps and revamped models and textures, a total abortion just like Halo PC ended up being.

Halo 2 is to Halo 2.5
as
Counter Strike is to Condition Zero

big fucking waste of money only made to hold impatient fans until the release of the next big game in the series (Halo 3, and Half Life 2)

Rev said:
Starcraft: Brood War

But this is an FPS. It's uncommon to see expansions. Patches yes, but when you change a game, you gotta CHANGE it. Quake got this right. Which is why it's been so many years until they release a q4.

Unreal has got, and quite possibly Halo will be getting, this wrong.

Rooster! said:
Halo 2.5 will prolly just be Halo 2 with new multi maps and revamped models and textures, a total abortion just like Halo PC ended up being.
But it wouldn't be worthy of being a launch title. Same goes to Ted.

Rooster! said:

yea. Halo2 ruined Halo for me :shrug: i loved the first one, but i just can't get into the second one(online). The storyline is alright, but it just stopped and that pissed me off. They are gonna try to milk it for as long as they can...

Nutcracker said:
That's hardly a launch title, halo 2 with higher res stuff :/
actually they hint about halo2.5 on the limited edition DVD
it'll have the entire third act that they cut out because they ran out of time. so the game wont end with "im here to finish this fight" or whatever masterchief says when he comes back to earth

The article you linked was posted on Dec 24th, what does this have to do with the whole Feb 9th thing (which I am guessing nothing happened)? And until it is officially announced it is still rumors, the article even said this at the end.

Besides if all the hype is partially true then there is going to be a real substantial jump in power from this generation of consoles to next generation. I doubt that Halo 2 with updated textures would be the kind of showcase that Microsoft would want for their next console.

sw!tch said:
But this is an FPS. It's uncommon to see expansions. Patches yes, but when you change a game, you gotta CHANGE it. Quake got this right. Which is why it's been so many years until they release a q4.

Unreal has got, and quite possibly Halo will be getting, this wrong.

If your refering to UT2k4 ---> UT2k5 then the 2k5 content is free to owners of 2k4. UT2k4 is the best value puchase of the year.

DrJacabo said:
actually they hint about halo2.5 on the limited edition DVD
it'll have the entire third act that they cut out because they ran out of time. so the game wont end with "im here to finish this fight" or whatever masterchief says when he comes back to earth
that's hardly a launch title, they should have just launched halo 2 with xbox 2 and done a proper job, imho that would be a better move. But they wanted to pick up more console sales when the sales are slow...

TedBundy said:
Halo 2 is to Halo 2.5
as
Counter Strike is to Condition Zero

big fucking waste of money only made to hold impatient fans until the release of the next big game in the series (Halo 3, and Half Life 2)

mabye Halo 2 will be to Halo 2.5

as Coutner-Stirke is to Coutner-Strike:Source

but most likely your right, CS to CS:CZ

which is sad

Back