Sudan

sumho

Veteran X
Why doesn't the world do something about this absolutely horrific genocide?
Are we going to keep whining about Iraq and terrorism while an entire nation is on the verge of extinction?
Why are we letting a thing that happened more than 50 years ago happen again? Already 1.85 million people have died in the genocide.

Do we have to be such god damned pussys that we can't even stand up for human rights?

sumho said:
Why doesn't the world do something about this absolutely horrific genocide?
Are we going to keep whining about Iraq and terrorism while an entire nation is on the verge of extinction?
Why are we letting a thing that happened more than 50 years ago happen again? Already 1.85 million people have died in the genocide.

Do we have to be such god damned pussys that we can't even stand up for human rights?
Because Canada stands to profit too much from it.

Truth? nothing much to gain out of it. Plus, the only good thing to come out of our escapades in Somalia was a screenplay.

US has a lot to gain from it. Sudan has oil in the reagion that they are killing people in...thats why they are killing them. US companies what to stay in good with the government there.

American companies are banned from doing business with Sudan. So until we topple that governement not much money to be made there.

I also think the UN has no problem with the little trouble in the Sudan because it is Muslims (the majority) killing Christians (the minority).....

DruMAX said:
US has a lot to gain from it. Sudan has oil in the reagion that they are killing people in...thats why they are killing them. US companies what to stay in good with the government there.
You're an idiot. Talisman is a Canadian company. They're the ones with the sweet deal.

Then again, nobody really exacts you to know what you're talking about at this point. :shrug:

Kurayami said:
You're an idiot. Talisman is a Canadian company. They're the ones with the sweet deal.

Then again, nobody really exacts you to know what you're talking about at this point. :shrug:

Thats funny that you would say that since MY company which is AMERICAN based is working there right now....See...one company does NOT have an exclusive deal in that country nor do most countries seldom give exclusive drilling rights in a country, even when it is run by the state oil company like in Brazil (petrobras) they allow multiple bids, accept multiple bids, and then THOSE companies bid for service companies, I am sure you know that when shell sets up operations they have other companies who do most of the work and those companies contract work to OTHER companies :lol: A large chunk of those companies being american based. We compete with multiple companies in Sudan and Nigeria were we operate. I know this only because I have been to the (OWA) conference the last 3 times it has been held (look it up, you dont know what it is) and they deal with Sudan there as well. I simply cannot wait to hear what you have to say on this subject...

Last edited:
Code4 said:
Didn't the great UN just finish a report this week stating no genocide?

UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan urged the Security Council on Tuesday to take urgent action to stop the killing in Darfur after a U.N. panel called for international trials for those behind atrocities. The panel, however, stopped short of accusing Sudan’s government and allied Arab militias of genocide.

The panel’s report sets up a possible showdown with Washington, which opposes the International Criminal Court where the report says Darfur suspects should be tried.

Annan said council members should consider imposing sanctions and pressed for the prosecution of those accused in the report of mass killings, torture, rape and other atrocities in Darfur, a large region of western Sudan.

“What is vital is that these people are indeed held accountable,” Annan said in a statement. “Such grave crimes cannot be committed with impunity. That would be a terrible betrayal of the victims, and of potential future victims in Darfur and elsewhere.”

Back