Dell 2001FP owners

ayz

Veteran XX
How do you hook up the USB ports on the monitor? I lost my manual awhile back, so I have no clue :( and I can't find one on dell's site.

SarcaStick said:
plug the usb cable on teh monitor, into your usb on teh back of the pc.

I got a cable with the monitor with one of those thin connectors on one end and a USB connector on the other...

so both the side ports on the monitor, and the two on the back panel, work as USB ports?

i didn't realize you can daisy-chain USB like that.

ayzianboy said:
I got a cable with the monitor with one of those thin connectors on one end and a USB connector on the other...

so both the side ports on the monitor, and the two on the back panel, work as USB ports?

i didn't realize you can daisy-chain USB like that.
plug it in and it'll work.

awesome, thanks.

this makes it a lot easier since i have a corded kb/mouse

wish i did this awhile back

Any of you guys having problems with yours? I'm thinking of getting one when it goes down to ~$550 again :)

Does anybody here owning a 2001fp or monitor with the same panel (vp201s etc) notice the scanline like screendoor effect? I have seen many different units and have owned the viewsonic version and this drives me crazy. CRT users seem to not notice, but people who have used LCDs in the past much realize that the pixels are stretched horizontally, causing the illusion of alternating bright and darker pixel rows. I am unsure if this was a certain production batch or what, but again all units I have seen have this scanline effect. If you claim to not havt this, please take an upclose pic of your monitor so I can check it out. Would really love to get oen of these without this flaw. If not, I will wait for the 12(-)ms 20" displays to come out. :(

Back