Drumline is the best african american movie ever made

ferret

Veteran XX
This movie rocks, not a band geek at all but some of those band tunes kick ass.
I always watch the final 10 minutes whenever its on, I must get the soundtrack.

Yeah, I know it has 2 white guys in it, but they're more to show that whites can't play drums.

Both those movies rock, but chronicle the negativity of society as a whole, Drumline shows a young brother can make it from the streets without resorting to violence.

how could you forget this pinacle of negro cinema?
poster.jpg

ferret said:
This movie rocks, not a band geek at all but some of those band tunes kick ass.
I always watch the final 10 minutes whenever its on, I must get the soundtrack.

Yeah, I know it has 2 white guys in it, but they're more to show that whites can't play drums.
name 20 really great white rock and roll drummers

now name 5 black ones.

ps people who really do know something about drums acknowledge that Buddy Rich is recognized as the best drummer ever.

word chris

everytime drumline comes on tv, i gotta finish watching the damn movie :)
same for finding forrester too.

just to let ya know the soundtrack has very few "drum songs" its mostly the stuff you hear in the background. best way i found to get drum beats was to jump on a random shitty p2p program and search for<insert college name here> drumline. also search for cadences and DCI not sure what it stands for but over half of what i have has that in the file name.

there is also a lot from military drum lines but its not as much fun.

EDIT: DCI = drum corps international

Last edited:
Iason said:
people who don't think
black people got rhythm, no kidding
but that doesn't mean whites cant drum

They have a token white guy in the movie, the only reason he's there is to show whites can't play drums. The star helps him out and gives him rhythm and sould so he can finally triumph and make the drumline.

telos said:
just to let ya know the soundtrack has very few "drum songs" its mostly the stuff you hear in the background. best way i found to get drum beats was to jump on a random shitty p2p program and search for<insert college name here> drumline. also search for cadences and DCI not sure what it stands for but over half of what i have has that in the file name.

there is also a lot from military drum lines but its not as much fun.

EDIT: DCI = drum corps international

Yeah, I just looked at the soundtrack on amazon and its almost all hip hop, a crying shame.

Back