those europeons are so much more sophisticated than americans...

A German school has come under fire after it started charging pupils money to use the toilet.

Students at a secondary school in Sprockhoevel can choose to use the old toilets for free or pay 10 cents to use a new luxury toilet with marble wash basins.

Marcel Hafke, a member of the Young Liberals in the province, has called for an end to the policy.

He described the toilet toll as "heartless" and said: "Second-class peeing should not be allowed."

In europe, around half the toilets I found you had to pay to use. It's not really a big deal. It sounds like they just installed a new one and started doing that and some whiner is making it into a class war

Aestis said:
In europe, around half the toilets I found you had to pay to use. It's not really a big deal. It sounds like they just installed a new one and started doing that and some whiner is making it into a class war

Aestis said:

Yeah, I'd even say more then half. It was quite rare to come across a free public toilet.

Aestis said:

dot

Ben Dover said:
Yeah, I'd even say more then half. It was quite rare to come across a free public toilet.
In amsterdam there were actually free public urinals they would wheel out on weekend nights because guys pissing in the street was such a problem. They didn't have a back or anything, you just went up and pissed on this thing in front of everyone. People were using it like crazy too. Pretty much every other toilet you had to pay for though

having to pay to go to the bathroom is fucked up

id just go piss outside or somewhere in the corner of class

ps-these are CHILDREN being forced to pay to pee in case you didnt realise it.

(fucking morons)

FireStorm! said:
having to pay to go to the bathroom is fucked up

id just go piss outside or somewhere in the corner of class
You have to view it in context of the culture. The case is that more often than not you DO have to pay to use a bathroom. It's 10 fucking cents though, so it's not like they are gouging you on it. Most of the time that money is paying to either keep the place up or buy toilet paper, etc

BadMoFo said:
ps-these are CHILDREN being forced to pay to pee in case you didnt realise it.

(fucking morons)
Children, adults, the fucking cripples, all of them have to pay to use bathrooms in europe. Maybe you should actually leave the US once in a while and understand that there ARE different cultures and standards in the rest of the world. Just because you don't understand them doesn't make them wrong.

Aestis said:
yes, but are they in schools?

Vlasic said:
yes, but are they in schools?

I only went to one school and you didn't have to pay to use the toilet. If they did build a nice new bathroom (that would require more money to maintain), I could EASILY understand them charging a small fee if people wanted to use it. They still have the older one for people who don't want to spend 10 cents to help maintain the nice one. You have to realize it's a totally different country with a totally different culture. If you view it through an American perspective, it's never going to make sense

Back