Why do smart people believe retarded things?

Gangrel

Contributor
Veteran XV
A friend of mine from highschool has started to listen to Coast to Coast AM radio, which is apparently some crazy ass conspiracy/alien/etc program and constantly tries to get me to. Occasionally the stuff is semi realistic, but other times its like "Aliens killed Hitler!"

He finally talked me into listening one of their shows about "remote viewing" aka psychics viewing other parts of the world in detail/in the future.

Coincidentally it seems most of the people involved with this program were scientologists.. and there is a "class" you can take in it down in austin. I think its a scientologist recruitment program.

Well, I am of the (seemingly incorrect) opinion that if you are book smart, you should know the facts and whatnot that would prove that all this stuff is bullshit.

There are people who think Kerry won the election because of Exit Polls. Apparently it's easier to believe that exit polls are somehow incapable of being inaccurate.

God is one thing, but believing the moon landing was fake is another. I'm surprised he hasn't told me the pentagon was hit by a missile yet

Free thought is such a bitch isnt it...I for one support frontal labotomys to cut on people believing in retarded things.

RedsArk.gif

Philipsz said:
Yep. At least the probability that the moon landing was fake is higher than a billion to one.
that was a stupid statement, if God exists, how would you define him with mathmatical probability.

Alarik said:
that was a stupid statement, if God exists, how would you define him with mathmatical probability.
Dumbass. We're talking about believing in God is a belief that can pretty much be seperated from the need for scientific evidence (as that is a core part of faith) for some people.

jesus what the fuck, now theyre talking about alien bases on the moon

Back