[Trip Help] Going to Boston for a couple days... help me make it fun?

nada

Veteran X
Me and my girlfriend have decided to get out of one city (NYC), and go to another (Boston). It's not for the reason of escaping metropoltian grind really, so much as it is to leave all our whims behind us for a while. Well, that's my reason... she also has to look at colleges (we're Juniors).

Anyway, I'm looking for advice on a couple aspects of the trip. Places to stay, places to go. Places to eat, and places to relax. Any theatres, parks (yeah it's cold but...), any fun places whatsoever. Note we are students, but then again, we have money (from jobs and parents)...

We're going via bus by the way... people've tried to coax us into riding the Chinatown to Chinatown $10 bus... but besdies the fact that's really shady, the lady has a phobia of dirty confines, and every story has led to the chinese bus route being somehow low-calibur in that area. So, we're also looking to save money on the major lines if you have any suggestions.

But really just ideas on what to do in Boston, and any hotel recomendations.

I stayed in the residence inn, in cambridge and it was fucking nice. It worked out well because we had reserved a suite, and they ended up not having one available due to fucked up plumbing in the room - so we got two rooms for the price of one discounted room (like 60$ a night.)

I guess we just kind of walked around Boston...

oh, and I ate at the union oyster house - good stuff...

you'll be taking the T everywhere...eat dinner in the north end (itallian)

you could walk the freedom trail and see a good measure of the city, the charles, the commons...

the aquarium is on the way to the north end if you do the freedom trail thing, although it's really gay if you're familiar with the area.

P Masta Flex said:
you'll be taking the T everywhere...eat dinner in the north end (itallian)

you could walk the freedom trail and see a good measure of the city, the charles, the commons...

the aquarium is on the way to the north end if you do the freedom trail thing, although it's really gay if you're familiar with the area.

yeah I ate at some fucking sweet italian place that only had 5-6 tables. The food was amazing.

Oh and at some badass chinese place too, fuck I wish I could remember the names of these places.

oh, and the ATMs are for everyone, they just put the locked doors out front so homeless bums dont sleep in em. You just have to swipe your card in the reader.

OK, annas taqueria is not the best place to eat. Thats just absurd. Its a cheap mexican joint.

If you want good food, go to Cafe Italiano in the North End. Its really good. The North End food has gone down hill slightly because real italians no longer own it, most of them bought out, but regardless, its still the best italian food you'll have most anywhere.

Last edited:
when i was in hs, i went there almost everyday. this kid is in hs, therefore it is the best place to eat.

skip said:
newton north

what year?

BTW, you may also want to hit Newbury St. It's a nice mix of stores and restaurants. The restaurants range in price and quality, but on the lower end, there's Cafe Jaffa (Middle Eastern) and Steve's (Greek), and the food is pretty tasty. If you're in Cambridge, for breakfast or brunch you could go to Johnny O's.

I can't really remember many cheap eat places, but avoid places like Chile's, Friday's and the like.

If you come during the week, Wednesday nights you can get into the Museum of Fine Arts for free. It's right near Northeastern U. (not sure what schools your gf is looking at).

You'll need to take the T to get from boston to cambridge, but Boston itself is a very walkable city. You could walk from the end of Newbury St., throught the Public Gardens, through Boston Common, and find your way to Faneuil Hall and onto the North End.

Last edited:
Back