Modded XBOX question #2

PsioniX

Contributor
Veteran X
What programs do you use in addition to your dashboards?

I have XBMC as my default dashboard, and I was wondering what other interesting programs are out there that you guys use

my dash is avalaunch and i use xbmc to watch movies on the hd
and other than games and emulators the only other prog i have is dvd2xbox

DrJacabo said:
my dash is avalaunch and i use xbmc to watch movies on the hd
and other than games and emulators the only other prog i have is dvd2xbox

same

any why the fuck does everybody keep saying 'in the usual places' when i ask where to download something?

the entire xbox scene is gay in general

dedicated groups should distro games

not some random douchebag with a dvd drive and newsgroup access

DMAUL said:
because its fucking illegal and they dont need to risk their ass to help you.
or xbox-scene.com has a massive amount of tutorials, 99% being out of date or not useful.

The only one I found helpful was how to disassemble my xbox.

jinko said:
any why the fuck does everybody keep saying 'in the usual places' when i ask where to download something?

because you need to use the xbox sdk to make homebrew software. And microsoft made it stupid expensive to get a hold of legaly. so in essence a lot of people consider homebrew software as warez.

I'm not gonna tell you where to get games. but you can get homebrew software off of xbins. you can find all the emulators and apps there, you just won't find the roms and xbox games there.

PsioniX said:
now please where are emulators

and what is dvd2xbox
dvd2xbox allows you to rip games to the hd.
from xbox-scene.com
dvd2xbox is a DVD/CD-R to hdd copy program for the xbox which supports the formats UDF/ISO9660/ISO9660/VideoDVD/CDDA (Audio 2 Ogg ripping with freecddb naming, dvd ripping with libdvdread). It provides a simple all at once copy mode and a win commander style disc browser.

emulators are here
http://www.xbox-scene.com/software/software.php?page=emulators
some of the official websites they link off there you can get the emulators (not the roms), otherwise you can find most of the emulators and software on xbins.

Last edited:
DarkBlade said:
or xbox-scene.com has a massive amount of tutorials, 99% being out of date or not useful.

The only one I found helpful was how to disassemble my xbox.

yeah, it is. i complained about that, too. that isnt the point. its illegal to distribute the programs. they have no desire to be arrested.

DVD2xbox rips DVDs to the xbox, or to windows network shares.

Emulators are on the #xbins on efnet.

(Yay for my incredibly slow posting)

Last edited:
oh really

it rips xbox games eh?

hmm

where is it located? xbins? i fucking hate irc, wanna send it to me

Ok look, just IM me: MixMasterMatey

i want to get a hold of an SNES emulator, NES emulator, Genesis Emulator, GBA emulator, and an N64 emulator

as well as dvd2xbox

so IM me and we can discuss these projects

Back