My Sony Trinitron is Dying... 27" KV-27FS100

Razster

Contributor
Veteran XX
NO!!!
First the remote won't work, and now a menu keeps popping up.

Turns out Sony fucked up on their KV-27FS100 WEGA Trinitrons and their Logic Board goes out after a year or so.

But thank GOD!!! I bought the $49.99 Buyer protection program.
And now Bestbuy is going to have to replace my Logic board :D

Beware of the 27" trinitron/32/36/42" as well.

Do not let any cleaner(Glass cleaner) go to the bottom of the tube, it will leak to the logic board.

Razster said:
NO!!!
First the remote won't work, and now a menu keeps popping up.

Turns out Sony fucked up on their KV-27FS100 WEGA Trinitrons and their Logic Board goes out after a year or so.

But thank GOD!!! I bought the $49.99 Buyer protection program.
And now Bestbuy is going to have to replace my Logic board :D

Beware of the 27" trinitron/32/36/42" as well.

Do not let any cleaner(Glass cleaner) go to the bottom of the tube, it will leak to the logic board.
they're going to replace your whole monitor with a refurbished unit.

Vlasic said:
they're going to replace your whole monitor with a refurbished unit.
No, because they're going to replace it with this:
A1401099A (Sony HS VAR MOUNTED PC BOARD)
It doesn't fuck up like mine old version does.

so is it the cleaner itself that ruins the logic board or is it shitty capacitors/ICs/what have you on said board? if its the cleaner, how many times do you clean your screen :p

my mitsu 40something inch rptv has a crapping out convergence board. looking around on google, it looks like a (ridiculously) common problem occurring after 3 or 4 years. maybe tv manufacturers purposely make shitty products in order to increase their number of sales :tinfoilhat: :browsmile

Razster said:
No, because they're going to replace it with this:
A1401099A (Sony HS VAR MOUNTED PC BOARD)
It doesn't fuck up like mine old version does.
The best buys near me don't fix TVs/monitors. They replace them, and then send the defectives to the manufacturors for repair.

I clean it a lot due to the amount of dust I bring home with me. (Construction work :/ )
I could pay the $65.00 for the board and install itmyself, and I bet I would find a ass load of resin from cleaner spray fried on the board or something.

I dunno - but from the google search everyone said it was due to cleaner. And Sony knows about it.
And are not going to do anything about it.

But also it's a faulty board :/

Wonder why Sony hasn't been sued over this - it's on ever Sony Trinitron.

Vlasic said:
The best buys near me don't fix TVs/monitors. They replace them, and then send the defectives to the manufacturors for repair.
? It's not the monitor. It's a Small PCboard that operates the remote and a few other things.

If they did replace my monitor well good... I have a hair line crack on mine :D

Razster said:
I clean it a lot due to the amount of dust I bring home with me. (Construction work :/ )
I could pay the $65.00 for the board and install itmyself, and I bet I would find a ass load of resin from cleaner spray fried on the board or something.

I dunno - but from the google search everyone said it was due to cleaner. And Sony knows about it.
And are not going to do anything about it.

But also it's a faulty board :/

Wonder why Sony hasn't been sued over this - it's on ever Sony Trinitron.
read the manual...it may say that cleaner is not to be used directly on the glass, but is to be sprayed on a cloth and then wiped clean.

Razster said:
? It's not the monitor. It's a Small PCboard that operates the remote and a few other things.

If they did replace my monitor well good... I have a hair line crack on mine :D
If Sony is the same now as they were when I worked on their shit, they do not sell monitor parts. they make people send the monitors to them for repair.

Best Buy may say they're "repairing" your monitor, but don't be suprised if it takes a week or two because they shipped it to Sony.

I would be very suprised if Sony changed this policy.

Mine didn't come with Manual :D It was $220.00 (retail 399.99) Display Model. And it's lasted me for ever.

Vlasic said:
Damn, you got an awesome deal on it
LOL I ment Circuit City - Sorry was looking at Bestbuy ad.

Ok I'm awake

And yeah freaking awesome deal.
I think I've had it for 2 years now.

I do have a Sony trinitron Monitor.
It's older than my TV and I use my Camera Cloth cleaning rag for that.

But yes! TV, don't think they have a 27" Monitor.

Back