ATV Carburetor question

BallZDeeP

Veteran XX
I have read my manual front to back..and all it talks about is the float switch being in the right position which it is. I found the carb switch that clicks up or down..which it was down. Is this why I am burning up my battery trying to start it? I just switched it up..see below

This is the switch i flipped up
carb1.JPG

the 2 other switches like this one(one for reserve) is up
carb2.JPG

Nonie54 said:
wouldnt that switch be the choke?

the choke i know pulls out..i could be wrong. That black round thing doesnt do anything..to the right of it goes up or down. I would imagine it would be to let fuel in?

I could probably help you, I just don't understand exactly what you're asking

are you able to start the atv? is the choke on the carb or on the handle bar like mine

most carbs on four wheelers have a switch for the gas that will say "on/off/reservere" that you can move around

JustinCase said:
I could probably help you, I just don't understand exactly what you're asking

are you able to start the atv? is the choke on the carb or on the handle bar like mine

most carbs on four wheelers have a switch for the gas that will say "on/off/reservere" that you can move around

there are two switches(on the carb and below the carb) that are like the switch in pic #2. I was asking if that black lever was a choke or was it to send fuel to the carb?

I had the bike running for about 20 minutes last week when i brought it home. I tried so many times yesterday that the battery went low. It takes time for it to recover for me to be able to try again. All the times i tried, the black lever was in the down position. I need to wait to try with the level clicked up(battery low)

edit: looking at the diagram. it says pic #1 is Mixed Chamber Set Of Carb Assy...

I had almost the same thing happen to mine the first week I had it

I left the choke on over night which you might have too. It flooded the carb and would not start. I ended up having to take it back to the dealership and they drained it.

btw, check www.atvconnection.com their forums are a great help

JustinCase said:
I had almost the same thing happen to mine the first week I had it

I left the choke on over night which you might have too. It flooded the carb and would not start. I ended up having to take it back to the dealership and they drained it.

btw, check www.atvconnection.com their forums are a great help

well for a carb all you do its hold down the gas lever for it to drain..so my neighbor says

Is that your kids? That sucks. There's little worse than getting a bitchin', kick-ass present that won't work. :lol:

From the looks of it... float bowl would be at the bottom, throttle body is at the top, the right side connects to the cylinder head, the left side connects to the air cleaner (box or individual foam unit)...

...does that "switch" operate a butterfly valve in the throat of the intake or does it move the throttle cylinder (in that "tower" that the throttle cable is attached to. It should have a concave bottom with a long needle sticking out)?

I can't imagine it being anything other than the choke. The idea being to restrict the air entering the cylinder, thereby enriching the fuel/air mixture for cold starting). Considering you live in San Diego, I wouldn't think that you'd need to use the choke.

Did you purchase this ATV a significant distance away from S.D.? Such as in L.A.? As any map will show, S.D. is well below L.A. so you may need to adjust the low speed idle for altitude.

(ha ha j/k)

(you didn't dick with the fuel adjustment screw, did you?)

obtw, $30 at your local auto supply store should get you a battery charger with a 50 amp starter circuit. So you don't have to keep waiting for the battery.

update: i charged the battery with the neighbors charger and it started up for a second before i shut it off. then i tried again and it drained the battery. I think that the battery is toast.

yeah you might have ruined the battery.

charge it up and start it but let it run for 15 or 20 minutes and then try it again.

if it doesnt start you broke the boys bike, and if he is smart he will never let you touch it again LOL

BadMoFo said:
yeah you might have ruined the battery.

charge it up and start it but let it run for 15 or 20 minutes and then try it again.

if it doesnt start you broke the boys bike, and if he is smart he will never let you touch it again LOL

dont let me touch your xbox either...oh wait that was you LOLz

Back