]So[ my dad had a quadruple bypass today...

Son of Mothra

Veteran XV
So my dad had a stress test done last week, originally his physician or whoever didnt urge him to get it, but he went on his on whim, good thing he did. The results came back yesterday, said he had a blockage, him and my mother went in 5:30 this morning for what i thought would be a simple surgery with Stints(?) the things they use to expand the arteries when they're blocked. So i'm sitting in guitar ensamble around 12:30 when a pass comes for me, and i just thought "Shit"

Met my sister in the office who wasnt sure what was going on. She works part time at the hospital they were at, my dad came to her room when she was with a patien and told her to call some people and pick me up, at which point she freaked out of course.

We get to the hospital right before he was about to go into the OR, the morphine had kicked in :lol: My mom told me he had 3 blocked arteries, 2 of which were 90%+ blocked. Doctor told me he was a heart attack waiting to happen. I was rather fine with the idea of him having the surgery but my sister was freaking out.

About 2 1/2 hours after the incision was made the doctor came into the waiting room, telling us everything went well, gave some relief to me. He told us they did a total of 4 bypasses, he thought he'd need to do 5. Around 6:30 we were allowed to see him post op, he was still under the anesthetics so there wasnt much to do. He should be moved to the general rooms or whatever tomarrow morning, gonna go see him then. He should be able to come home sometime early next week i think, sucks that he won't be here for christmas but oh well.

Heh a year ago my father's brother had a quadruple bypass, but that was after he had a minor heart attack. Hopefully i won't be in trouble when i get older :(

Just figured i'd post this on TW :)

Cliffs:
Dad had stress test done, abnormality found
Thought a simple procedure was to be done today, turned out 3 blocked arteries
Wound up doing 4 Bypasses

Thats awesome. My grandmother had to have a heart attack (or four, with that last one) before they knew to fix it, and the same thing killed my grandfather.

little update: Doctor called 9am this morning telling us they had to put him back into intensive care. They took out his breathing tube ealier this morning, but that didn't go so well :( When they took it out, he couldnt breath. Someone mentioned that there was still too much fluid in him from the operation so it probably made it harder. He's happy that the cather cleaning the wound came out, made things much better he said. So he has an oxygen mask with 100% oxygen to breath on now, hope things are better tomarrow. He also says how great the staff taking care of him is, gogo St. Joe's

Back