when did all consoles have shitty football games

TheGhost

Veteran XV
i own both madden 2k5 and espn 2k5 for the xbox, and both have some fagged out seasons

Whatever happened to just playing the season, 16 games, and the game got impossibly hard in the playoffs?

In Madden, I don't want to do all these faggot drills, I'm not a pro football player, I just want to play the god damn season.

In ESPN, I don't want to sit there and plan out some stupid fucking workout plan like I'm the personal trainer. Its kind of cool, but all should be toggleable options.

The gameplay on both is great once you actually get into a game, but all this season faggotry stuff makes me sick, and I miss the days of playing the original Madden's back on the Sega (and even shit like Quarterback Club on N64, NFL 2k2 or w/e on Dreamcast, etc).

What happened to those days, now all it is about is the sims meets sports, and it makes me sick.

i have ncaa football 2005 for xbox and my biggest gripe is that there's absolutely nothing helpful in the manual at all

how in hell do i hand the ball off to the HB in the HB Option? is it in the manual? let's check. nope.

there go half the good run plays!

All of the training in ESPN is on a toggle (you have to turn game preparation off when you start a new franchise). GJ reading your manual.

thanks

i've been stuck doing halfback/fullback draw plays running to either side of my center on about 75% of the plays

I haven't tried NCAA yet, I'll get that later.

And who reads manuals/instructions, half the fun is figuring out the controls in game :)

edit- ESPN has the best controls except for stiffarm being on the faggot black/white buttons

FattyBoomBatty said:
hey hold turbo from before they fake the handoff up until they actually hand it off in ncaa

thats only to hand off to the fullback

to throw it back to the hb, press white.. whenever you feel like tossing it back.

and it is in the manual.. you just suck at reading.

Back