[Homework] What Parts of the Constitution would you change and why?

I would change practically everything before the 14th ammendment on the bill of rights. They're all outdated.

I would rewrite the 1st ammendment to make the Freedom Of Speech more defined, as well as strengthening the church/state seperation. I'm not sure what i would do to the 2nd ammendment. I'd strengthen a citizens right to privacy in the 4th ammendment. i'd modify the 9th and 10th ammendments to give the states more power against the federal government, and the people more power against the states. that's just off the top of my head.

For the whole constitution (not just bill of rights): Basically, i would increase the power of the people and states to choose their own paths, and limit the role of the federal government to one of protecting and uniting the whole, not controlling the whole.

I would clarify that the right to bear arms was actually referring to the right to cut off black bears arms as trophies because at the time there was a rampant problem with them stealing all of the picnic baskets in colonial virginia.

Fool said:
I would clarify that the right to bear arms was actually referring to the right to cut off black bears arms as trophies because at the time there was a rampant problem with them stealing all of the picnic baskets in colonial virginia.

:rofl: thats good stuff :rofl:

Just bullshit about how you would like proportional representation so that each party gets seats according to the portion of the total vote they got. Overlook any and bad points about it and say it'll foster more parties and encourage voting because people's votes now matter. Gov profs love that kind of crap.

Tribalbob said:
I would change practically everything before the 14th ammendment on the bill of rights. They're all outdated.

I would rewrite the 1st ammendment to make the Freedom Of Speech more defined, as well as strengthening the church/state seperation. I'm not sure what i would do to the 2nd ammendment. I'd strengthen a citizens right to privacy in the 4th ammendment. i'd modify the 9th and 10th ammendments to give the states more power against the federal government, and the people more power against the states. that's just off the top of my head.

For the whole constitution (not just bill of rights): Basically, i would increase the power of the people and states to choose their own paths, and limit the role of the federal government to one of protecting and uniting the whole, not controlling the whole.
:[[[

everything before the 14th was basically meant to limit the fed. gov. Everything after (particularly the 14th) snatched power from the states and gave it to the federal government. I would say that every power not expressly given, by the constitution, to the federal government being the state's domain is a pretty decent amount of state power.

In response to the first question, I would say make certain boundaries more well defined. the federal government has a nasty habit of interpreting everything as their domain and randomly redefining their powers.

BlackMyst said:
:[[[

everything before the 14th was basically meant to limit the fed. gov. Everything after (particularly the 14th) snatched power from the states and gave it to the federal government. I would say that every power not expressly given, by the constitution, to the federal government being the state's domain is a pretty decent amount of state power.

In response to the first question, I would say make certain boundaries more well defined. the federal government has a nasty habit of interpreting everything as their domain and randomly redefining their powers.

which is what i'm saying. they're all outdated and need to be rewritten to better define their true intent. did you even read the last part of my post, where i said i wanted to return power to the states and people?

Tribalbob said:
which is what i'm saying. they're all outdated and need to be rewritten to better define their true intent. did you even read the last part of my post, where i said i wanted to return power to the states and people?
I was trying to point out the irony of what you said. you said you wanted less federal powers and more states rights, but wanted to KEEP the amendments that did the very opposite.

Back