CTMod > Cosmos

i saw someone on my server named "Vermillion" (Warsong Server)

so i /whipser them "Verm' from TW?"....they respond "wtf is TW?" :/

I /tell'd a guy the second day that looked like a TW name. "xxxxxxx of tw fame?" he responded "no, but you're the second to ask that"

post pics of and info regarding these "better" UI things or spare us the "better than cosmos" rhetoric.

- quest minion
- tool bars
- chat options
- map notes/mail

those are the core features of cosmos. if they can be done by something else, i'd like to hear about it.

i am NOT interested in crappy lookin "movable bars" and stuff like that.

ZenTseTse said:
post pics of and info regarding these "better" UI things or spare us the "better than cosmos" rhetoric.

- quest minion
- tool bars
- chat options
- map notes/mail

those are the core features of cosmos. if they can be done by something else, i'd like to hear about it.

i am NOT interested in crappy lookin "movable bars" and stuff like that.
Most, if not all, of those are third party addins that you can use seperatly from Cosmos. Cosmos is pretty much just something that ties them all together with the nice options screen and I think adds a few things of it's own (such as party quest share (which I think may have been removed :()).

However, Cosmos does make it much easier to configure all of these things and you can get them all from one place instead of downloading them all individually. I also like the Cosmos interface better because it's much more configurable such as I like having the 2 side bars set to autohide and not having the hotkeys show up since I only use them for things I rarely cast.

Apotheosis said:
So basically Cosmos is the PrestoPack of WoW, and you must get it? :)
Similar to Presto pack but not as vital. And yes, I do think it slows the game down a little bit but I think that they'll fix that problem eventually (it's still beta) and it's pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Apotheosis said:
So basically Cosmos is the PrestoPack of WoW, and you must get it? :)

I think of it more like the PanamaJack scripts. Bloated, but easy to install and configure. Could get the same thing from downloading and installing about 20 other scripts, but I need to level dammit.

FalseMyrmidon said:
Most, if not all, of those are third party addins that you can use seperatly from Cosmos. Cosmos is pretty much just something that ties them all together with the nice options screen and I think adds a few things of it's own (such as party quest share (which I think may have been removed :()).

However, Cosmos does make it much easier to configure all of these things and you can get them all from one place instead of downloading them all individually. I also like the Cosmos interface better because it's much more configurable such as I like having the 2 side bars set to autohide and not having the hotkeys show up since I only use them for things I rarely cast.

ive seen quest minion and the toolbars, but that's all.

there are just soooo many things that WORK well from cosmos that i cant see why this is such a hard decision for many. :)

i know the alphas are often buggy, but for the most part i've had little to no trouble at all.

ZenTseTse said:
ive seen quest minion and the toolbars, but that's all.

there are just soooo many things that WORK well from cosmos that i cant see why this is such a hard decision for many. :)

i know the alphas are often buggy, but for the most part i've had little to no trouble at all.
Anything in the options that says "thanks to so and so" is someone else's work that they were allowed to include in Cosmos. Off the top of my head I know Telo's stuff is included in there and that isn't proprietary.

FalseMyrmidon said:
(such as party quest share (which I think may have been removed :()).
What makes you think this was removed? (I've never used it, but it seems to be the only reason for me to use cosmos right now... i'm not a huge grouping guy, but it could be useful).

FalseMyrmidon said:
Anything in the options that says "thanks to so and so" is someone else's work that they were allowed to include in Cosmos. Off the top of my head I know Telo's stuff is included in there and that isn't proprietary.

what's the issue?

se4riously, it's like folks WANT to hate cosmos. folks say it "is spyware" and everything in between. seems to me that alexander has put out an indespensible service/set of features.

great, glad others do stuff too. im using some other plugins for warlock.

i'd gladly use another plugin that did the stuff cosmos does, perhaps with some other cool stuff.

but just hating cosmos for no good reason and making it out to be "bad" or uncool just doesnt make sense to me.

can i get the map/minimap features from another plugin?

last time i checked, not only can i deactivate all the stuff in cosmos (most of which comes deactivated in the first place).... but i can actually REMOVE the xml and other files altogether. i fail to see the complaint

Back