How to get COSMOS working with 12/7 patch

I just backed up my interface folder then let the game delete it. Now I'm using CTMod which I don't like as much as Cosmos despite the fact that CTMod is way, way faster.

i just can't play WoW without Cosmos

CTmod seemed like a cheap/watered down version of Cosmos - so i had to go back to cosmos.

Jamezeo said:
i just can't play WoW without Cosmos

CTmod seemed like a cheap/watered down version of Cosmos - so i had to go back to cosmos.
Same here. I know Cosmos slows it down but I like all it's features :x. I just hope they optimize it in the future.

I can get almost everything using CTMod + Telos's addons, but there's not a handy dandy centralized UI option page. So I switched back. :(

Only time cosmos seems to be running slow is when there's 3 or 4 others in a party running cosmos. I assume that has to do with quest minion's party share. I'm going to try to turn that off and see if it helps.

Without cosmos I was quite possibly the most innefficient healer on the server. Kept fumbling with changing bars and what not, casting potions instead of spells. It was just not a good overall experience. And soloing having self cast is necessary (I could do this with macros, but I don't want to have to write one for every new healing/buff spell)

False, whatya mean slows it down? Like makes game more choppy on low end systems?

b/c WoW runs flawlessly on my computer w/ or w/o cosmos

Even people with uber systems I play with have said that they get the same 'lag' when in a group with many other cosmos users. Everything starts running in bursts like it's lagging behind reading the text coming across the cosmos channel.

Jamezeo said:
False, whatya mean slows it down? Like makes game more choppy on low end systems?

b/c WoW runs flawlessly on my computer w/ or w/o cosmos
I just know that my framerate is a good bit lower with Cosmos than without. Don't know what causes it. I also know that it affects everyone regardless of system specs.

And although my system isn't top of the line it's not exactly low end either.

Barton 2800+
Radeon 9700 Pro 128 mb
1 gig of cheap ass ram (2100 I think)
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP KT400 based (I had gotten tired of waiting for the nforce2 mobo to come out, I'd been waiting for like 4 months. I bought that and nforce2 came out like the next week)
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

hrm. i notice no difference with WoW with or without Cosmos. always runs perfect with everything on.

and i just have a mediocre pc (minus my 6800GT video card)

Turned off "use cosmos channel" and now everything runs great. Although I think quest sharing is disabled (along with a few other things) in this version.

ZenTseTse said:
the cosmos map/waypoints are worth it all :)
You mean the manual map notes? I'm too lazy overall to use those myself. I wonder if there's a pack I can download that has a bunch of them in there already...

Back