what program would you use to accomplish this?

MX

Veteran XV
I want to send approx 5 gigs of data (jazz mp3's) to someone who does not use MIRC and who is a computer novice for the most part. We both have broadband. I'm trying to find a free program for transfering files P2P without spyware and without sharing my bandwith or files with a million other people. ideas?

BallZDeeP said:
set up an ftp server and give that person a link

yeah i was thinking about that, but FTP's user interface isn't the simplest and my jazz friend is just way behind in terms of using software. Im surpriused there isnt some easy 1 to 1 program but download.com turns up nothing.

Smiles said:
AIM can be used to directly connect to each other...

i have never had success transfering large files with AIM, always cuts off for some reason

MonsterX said:
interesting. will test it out tonight. doenst seem to have any limits for free account

so this friend is a super low tech person right? Does he even have broadband?

sendthisfile is great, it just sends him a weblink to the download to his email.

With that big a file I am sure that their site will probably knock your bandwidth down to a crawl on the free account. I've used it to send 500mb stuff before and it does good, but i got lik 100kbps max due to file size. With 10 times that much they could knock you down to like 10kbps

MonsterX said:
The links dont work for me. edit, the 2nd one doesnt. ill look into it though. thx

I didn't notice and I linked the same thing. Check my link from ealier. It has all the files you'll need.

The server is really easy to setup and the client is pretty basic. Hotline is the original p2p program, it goes way back.

Back