Question: Best 19" LCD Monitor?

TTHREAZ

Veteran XX
We're looking to buy someone here at work an LCD monitor that must:

- be 19" or more
- have built in speakers

We have no clue what the best one out there is. Opinions?

http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2289

Anandtech never steers ya wrong. New article on 19" LCD's. Dell got a awesome review like usual but its expensive as hell.

Our Samsung 193P won our hearts in almost every benchmark - colors were great, the design is awesome and we noticed no motion blur. Unfortunately, that amazing performance comes with a $700 price tag - you could almost get two NuTech L921Gs for that price! In fact, the ViewSonic Q190MB and identical twin NuTech L921G performed splendid in today's roundup. The price point is certainly there, and our analysis on the last few pages proved performance just at or slightly below that of the Samsung 193P in applications. For a low cost, no frills 19" solution, NuTech and ViewSonic monitors are hard to beat.

However, don't go away from this article with just the knowledge that the ViewSonic Q190MB and the NuTech L921G are good buys. Recall the steps that we laid out at the beginning of this article on how to buy a good LCD. To sum things up, remember the basics about monitor shopping - don't blindly trust all the specifications on the box and see the unit before you buy it.

Last edited:
Slant_This said:
i'm trying to decide if i should get the 2005FP or the 2001FP
2005FP, no question

Skibbi, buy a Sharp Aquos. i've had only good experiences with them.

After reading that article I have to agree about the natural aspect ratio, but the part on response time is kind of has me wondering. Response time is really the only thing I've considered when shopping these damn things.

Slant_This said:
why the 2005 marantz?

I was actually leaning toward the 2001 because of the more natural aspect ratio
1) so you can have two IE windows or apps open side by side
2) so you can play games in widescreen and have the benefit of added peripheral vision (in supported games only)
3) so you can watch movies and HDTV on a screen more closely fit to their original aspect ratio
4) it has s-video and composite inputs (on top of the standard DVI & VGA) for hooking up additional video sources
5) the 2005 supports PiP for multi-source viewing (how cool is that?!)
6) because human eyes instinctively view material easier to the sides than they do vertically. wider aspect ratios are actually much more natural for our eyes than the standard 4:3 ratio.

Back