Southeast Airlines closes down.

Souhteast airlines exsists? I think the one I've heard of is Southwest, so I don't give a shit the east part closed down.

my mom flew with them once a couple months back...they fly to tiny ass towns only, but happened to be close to where she was actually wanting to go

side note the airline ATA filed bankruptcy, girl i'm kind of seeing is a flight attendant for them...her and TONS of others are getting laid off the end of this month

It's based here in FL, and from the article, it doesn't look like they served anything out west, but mostly here in FL and a few places on the East coast.

Stinkfist said:
It's based here in FL, and from the article, it doesn't look like they served anything out west, but mostly here in FL and a few places on the East coast.
they had very cheap flights. like $70 roundtrip in florida. they fly other places as well but mostly like you said; in state. They pretty much blamed it on fuel pricing from what i heard yesterday. Dunno what they blamed it on today. Sucks though, because these guys were damn excellent for their prices/service for in-state flights.

oh well =/

southwest won't be closing down anytime soon - they are one of the few (if only) airlines that actually makes money without govt help.

Got Haggis? said:
southwest won't be closing down anytime soon - they are one of the few (if only) airlines that actually makes money without govt help.
They may be ramping up their facilities soon, as well. Since they are based out of Love Field (Dallas), they are restricted to serving only the adjoining states to TX. However, since Delta is pulling out many of their services from nearby DFW, Southwest has been floating rumors about their moving to the opened spots at DFW and increasing their range tremendously.

I am all for it. I want 4 flights Chicago-DFW daily at Southwest prices.

Timmain42 said:
They may be ramping up their facilities soon, as well. Since they are based out of Love Field (Dallas), they are restricted to serving only the adjoining states to TX.

you mean the flights out of Love have to serve only adjoining states, right? - they fly all over the country...

Flunky said:
you mean the flights out of Love have to serve only adjoining states, right? - they fly all over the country...
Yes, sorry, you are correct. I tend to think locally instead of nationally when it comes to flying anywhere.

My parents work for US Airways, and they got about half their pay cut off their salary. Thank god I work for UPS... with all this outsourceing, things are looking up! :ugh:

My penis is the greyhound of your asshole.

Moving fast, and always ontime. (Except when being controled by black hands)

Back