Wardriving stuff

Nessal

Veteran XX
I've been using Netstumbler and it detected like 50 AP around my neighborhood. I was wondering how do I log on to the ones that are not encrypted? Are there certain programs that can do this with ease?

It shouldn't be too hard with Windows. Their handling of networks is a titch tricky, but nothing too twisted. I just use NetStumbler and Windows XP Pro.

Yeah but netstumbler doesn't have a option to log onto open networks. What did you do to log on to them?

Right click on my netowrking icon in the taskbar, and go to; "View Available Wireless Networks". Then choose one, select to allow my card to connect to it, despite being insecure, and voila.

Provided you are allowing Windows to manage your wireless connections, it's as easy as opening your network connection properties and selecting an SSID from the list.

edit: basically what Sp3xx said. Have fun hacking the Gibson.

Nessal said:
Yeah, I'm on Win2K so I assume it's different. I'll play around with it more and report back.

Well, whatever you do, be certain you have file sharing enabled, and share out the root of your system volume. Otherwise you're just spinning your wheels.

Waidan said:
Well, whatever you do, be certain you have file sharing enabled, and share out the root of your system volume. Otherwise you're just spinning your wheels.

yea what he said....... btw you wanna really have fun get knoppix...... Play with my neighbors all the time..... Got to love arp poisioning...

Damn it I hate Win2k. It doesn't list the networks it is is detection, just the local network (which is my own) so that does me no good. File sharing is enabled.

you're going to want to use your wifi card's connection utilities to connect to your sniffed networks

edit

(as stated above)

Nessal said:
Damn it I hate Win2k. It doesn't list the networks it is is detection, just the local network (which is my own) so that does me no good. File sharing is enabled.

ok now that your file shareing is enabled, where do you live? :uptosomet

Back