Urban Meyer to be the Florida Gator's next coach?

Jislan

Contributor
Veteran XX
According to the dorks on around the horn, Florida and meyer already have a contract worked out and are just waiting until the season is over before an announcement is made. I guess this is new info, cuz there's nothing about it on the sports wires.

It's too bad, ND needs meyer more :(

No that is not true at all. The alligator, UF newspaper, which i read this morning stated the opposite of that. They said they will not talk to a current head coach of any major team before the end of the season

You really think they're not talking to anyone? All that means is they're not "officially" talking to anyone.

-§trife- said:
How much can Willingham be expected to do if Notre Dame isn't getting the BLACK ATHLETE

It doesn't matter who the coach is, most black athletes score like 650 on the SATs and thus will never get into ND anyway.

cheezit said:
do irish fans like willingham? i think he's done a good job with the talent he has.

Your fucking joking right? I'm a 20 year old douchebag who has never played a down of organized football in my life and i could manage to scrounge up a top 10 recruiting class for notre dame.

Anyway, both ND and Florida desperatley need to find a winning coach pronto. IT's silly for ND to not have a great team year in year out and obviously florida can and should make things happen considering their resources....

lonewolf63afo said:
Your fucking joking right? I'm a 20 year old douchebag who has never played a down of organized football in my life and i could manage to scrounge up a top 10 recruiting class for notre dame.

:rolleyes:

recruits don't look at notre dame the same way anymore. the tradition doesnt matter to anybody, and hasn't since lou holtz left. im 20, and i can barely remember notre dame being a power in college football and i started watching/following when i was about 10. i can't expect an 18 year old to view notre dame with the same awe that they did a decade ago. add that to the higher grade requirements for notre dame and there isn't much of a draw anymore unless they start winning. i blame a decade of losing on their poor recruting more than i do willingham.

Notre Dame has had great recruiting every year up until Willingham's second season, where they fell into the late top 25 and then last season, which was arguably the worst recruiting class in notre dame history. Bob Davie recruited nearly every player in Willingham's first class. And Davie never had a bad recruiting year. In terms of offensive philosophy, Willingham is barely less conservative than Bob Davie was. Instead of run run pass punt, it's now run screen screen punt. What ND needs is an agressive coach who plays to win instead of playing not to lose. And we need someone who actually understands offense - like an Urban Meyer, John Gruden, etc. Hell I'd take Randy Walker from northwestern over Willingham.

Back