do fps games ever give you a headache?

never, though I did get nauses playing force commander, I think it was the crappy way they fucked up my favorite franchise

HL2 gives me a headache too. Refresh rate in my case is irrelevant cause I'm on an LCD and and I get 60+ frames, so I know that isn't it.

What doesn't help are those fucking floaty boats that like to flash me every fucking 10 minutes.

4 player one xbox halo 2 does, I think it's because it pushes the hardware so much = shitty framerate.

Ascoe said:
4 player one xbox halo 2 does, I think it's because it pushes the hardware so much = shitty framerate.

or probably because you are squinting to see everything in a 4x4 box sitting 6 ft away

shit never bugged my eyes till wow
that thing makes me not able to focus far away
i dont know why either, ive been playing games for a long time and still had 20/15

yea dude..fuckin HL2 gave me a headache

the graphics are SO nice and so smooth..maybe i should bump my refresh from 75 to 85? does that do anything>/

Yea. I could never play Turok for the N64 because after 5 minutes I'd be ready to puke.

Anti-Lyfe said:
yea dude..fuckin HL2 gave me a headache

the graphics are SO nice and so smooth..maybe i should bump my refresh from 75 to 85? does that do anything>/
yah

your fps are basically capped at whatever your refreshrate is

even though you are getting 100+ you are only seeing 75

There were a couple games that made me nauseas. The one I can remember was I think Gecko: Enter the Gecko or something for PS1. I had no idea what was going on but after about 30 minutes of playing I would feel sick, and go lie down for an hour. Then Id feel fine and go play some more. Then Id feel sick again. I did that about 3 times before I figured out it was the game.

SexPistol said:
yah

your fps are basically capped at whatever your refreshrate is

even though you are getting 100+ you are only seeing 75

I think you are seeing less than 75.

The human eye can only see so much

tribes and mw2 have been the only fps type games that didn't make me want to hurl after 10 minutes :\

Nothing gives me a headache, but on those rare occassions when I've been sick and sat and played a marathon session of games(6-8hrs), I get a headache no matter what game it is.

Back