Tara Reid pre boob job (re:ripping dvds)

AgnoStick

Contributor
Veteran XX
I was browsing around a site reading up on ripping DVDs and saw this:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=223342

so I went ahead and gave it a shot. The results, I think, are pretty good, but the size is huge, about 10MB a minute.

How are divx movies ~700MB when what I am doing only gets the same quality but at a higher bitrate...If I encoded a movie the way that article tells me to I would be over 1GB for a movie, at least that much.

http://www.voidreality.net/blackhole/body-shots_01.avi

http://www.voidreality.net/blackhole/body-shots_02.avi

Someone give me some pointers here on ripping/encoding DVDs/parts of DVDs.

thx for vid, but they are 700mb because theyre a smaller resolution than u are using

Well what are you using to encode your dvd's (proggy) there are many things you can do heh. What settings are using for sound, video, bitrate ect...

these look fine when I do a fullscreen

divx movies look fine when I do a fullscreen

why don't divx movies look shittier full screen then these clips. I don't have a divx movie available to reference but from what I have seen they look good fullscreen...

Nurp said:
Well what are you using to encode your dvd's (proggy) there are many things you can do heh. What settings are using for sound, video, bitrate ect...

I followed that article as is.

720x480 24 FPS, and I used the Divx settings he recommened but on the latest divx codec.

can't look at movies, at work.. but. are you using divx or mpeg2 compression? Because they work differently. Some things compress better than others, some codecs work better at lower rates. The main thing is that above a certain rate, the average, casual viewer isn't really not going to notice the difference. Movies can generally compress to a fairly low bitrate, but fast action - sports and the like, generally need higher rates to avoid artifacts.

:shrug: It's the way mpeg works.

www.doom9.org

one of the guide describes it if i remember. it's like, you can have a high bitrate, but at a certain point, its not really significantly better. like for mp3s, 128 is better than 96, and 192 is better than 128, but you don't notice anywhere near as much difference between 192 and 256 or higher in casual listening.

Doaln said:
www.doom9.org

one of the guide describes it if i remember. it's like, you can have a high bitrate, but at a certain point, its not really significantly better. like for mp3s, 128 is better than 96, and 192 is better than 128, but you don't notice anywhere near as much difference between 192 and 256 or higher in casual listening.

This is how I think it should work, I deliver you nude angelina jolie and tara reid and you deliver me link to said article, etc.

:)

AgnoStick said:
This is how I think it should work, I deliver you nude angelina jolie and tara reid and you deliver me link to said article, etc.

:)
yeah i dunno i might be pulling this out of thin air. i remember something like it though :shrug:

Back