Half Life 2 "released"

Hell Phoenix

Veteran XV
[BREAKING NEWS]Half Life 2 "released"

DRaG0nBLaD3 from the Rage3D forums acquired the game from a branch of B&M, plus he has the photos to prove it. Several other users on the Steam forums have also claimed to have bought the game, although the discussion there is far less informative, or in English. However, DRaG0nBLaD3 is unable to play the game as it is locked on Valve's servers, although Valve previously promised to unlock the game for everyone should the street date be broken.

Go here to catch the whole thing

"Screens"

hl2installing.jpg

hl2cds.jpg

boxfront1.jpg

Discuss...

Last edited:
Screens posted, rumour has it that Half-Life 2 might get unlocked on steam late tonight or early tomorrow morning but we are still waiting for a confirmation from Gabe.

Yea we (bestbuy) got the game in Wednesday. Along with a display nintendo ds with metroid in it. Sadly the people in our store are smart enough to not break the hard release date.

ever since i got into wow, i haven't been that pumped for hl2

i'll buy hl2, just not until i get bored of wow

Pagy said:
ever since i got into wow, i haven't been that pumped for hl2

i'll buy hl2, just not until i get bored of wow

Go kill yourself, Half-Life 2 will own all games and you know it. You would be a fool to choose anything over Half-Life 2.

zVxTeflon said:
if he has the cds why cant he play? i dont get the "locked by valve" thing.

Just like the version downloaded through Steam, Half-Life 2 has to be unlocked before it can be played. When you install Half-Life 2, you have to connect to the internet to validate your CD key. Once that's done, you can play off-line singleplayer (without an internet connection) or multiplayer HL2.

HL1 was one of (arguably THE) greatest single-player game ever made. If that is any measure then HL2 will wreak havoc.

samuelk said:
Just like the version downloaded through Steam, Half-Life 2 has to be unlocked before it can be played. When you install Half-Life 2, you have to connect to the internet to validate your CD key. Once that's done, you can play off-line singleplayer (without an internet connection) or multiplayer HL2.

kinda screws the people without internet.

Back