[FILM] The Motorcycle Diaries...

|eX|DarkOmen

Veteran X
Has anyone seen this movie? It's by the same company that produced Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's briilliant. Story of a motorcycle trip Che Guevera took before he became the revolutionary figure that he is most known for.

So anyone seen it? From what i've seen, it's only been playing in limited engagments around the country.

not seen it yet. che is played by the bloke from amores perros which I thought he was pretty uber in, will catch it eventually.

It's playing a few miles away from here and I really want to see it, i think there will be another movie about Che staring benecio del toro that will actually focus on his political life

Ares said:
It's playing a few miles away from here and I really want to see it, i think there will be another movie about Che staring benecio del toro that will actually focus on his political life

Really, hadn't heard that. It's definetly worth the drive to go see.

Ares said:

hhhm, hope they don't balls it up then if thats true.

why do people forget that che guevara was just a anarchist that had an unhealthy obsession with guns

This was an amazing movie, and I rate has one of the greatest movies I've seen yet.

It had was entertaining, thoughtful, and passionate.

It's not for everyman, it involves subtitles, it moves quickly but is longer than usual; and yeah its about commies. but it was just incredible.

9.5/10

I highly recommend it.

|eX|DarkOmen said:
because he was also a very charming man, and a brilliant man(for the most part) too.

Like that time he praised the 'tragic greatness' of Hitler's generals?

Or how about the time he said "I will dip my weapons in the blood and, crazed with fury, I will cut the throats of my defeated enemies'?

Yeah, charming and brilliant. Not really brilliant enough to work for the Cuban government after the revolution was over. Instead he went looking for other wars to fight, wishing to become a martyr.

Last edited:
Ostego said:
why do people forget that che guevara was just a anarchist that had an unhealthy obsession with guns
communist

I am an anarchist with what many would consider an unhealthy obsession with guns.

Went and saw it tonight, had great acting and did a good job of portraying the story without "ballsing" it up.

He was an amazing man and one has to wonder what he may have accomplished had he never left his own country.

As far as the haters, posting his bloody ruthless quotes.. its nothing worse than things any militant or world leader has said at one time or another, quoting out of context proves nothing.

Bump because I finally, finally got around to seeing this.

It was quite moving without being preachy, which should please those who arent exactly enamoured with Che (although why they would cater to people who wont even bother to see the movie anyway, I dont know).

Che was a pretty amazing guy and although he had flaws like anyone else I admire him very much. And no, I dont own a fucking hot topic t-shirt with him on it or anything like that. If there was anything he was against...well, whatever.

The scenery alone makes this movie worth seeing on the big screen. The acting is excellent as well. And its actually a pretty damn funny movie in some ways.

i think if you're a native spanish speaker you practically die for this film. i still rave about it to my fellow peruvians.

Back