Virus Time!111/Lonewolf is a stupid fuck thread

lonewolf63afo

Veteran X
So anyway, earlier today i clicked on a link that i shouldn't have, and my comp has been having problems ever since. At first, k.htm,stuff.html, trofkz (a registration entry file), and msdos batchfile called "x" appeared on my desktop and in my documents and settings folders. I deleted them and restarted the computer, so far so good. Then I scanned the comp using adaware and spybot. First time i ran spybot I found a dso explot registration change. I deleted, restarted the comp and scanned again. Found the same thing, plus some additional things. Spybot found a Gator Global settings reg key, GainDashbar, and that same dso exploit. Adaware found a clickspring reg key, and top moxie reg key. I also scanned using my symantec antivirus program. It declared a file called winsync[1].exe was a malicious file that couldnt be cleaned. I used trends online scan and found a virus called Reg_lowzones.a, but it couldn't be cleaned or quarentined.

So this is pretty much a mess. If anyone can give me any advice, I would appreciate it much. I know very much that i am a stupid moron for clicking a link that i wasn't sure about, and now im paying the price.

I'm running winxp on a dell with a pentium 4 processor with a gig of ram. If you need any more hardware info, let me know. thanks for the help.

I suggest avast antivirus, install, update, and run scan in safe mode or set it to run on restart. Delete the files it finds or quarentine them.

ok i ran avast once in standard mode and once in safe, that cleaned up alot. I'm still getting some random popups that I know shouldn't be there, and Spybot and Adaware aren't working, but I'm trying to get this figured out.

Back