I'm watching Stand By Me

TedBundy

Veteran X
Such a good movie. Isn't it fun to watch a movie now that you last saw when you were really young. And you get to appreciate all the things you never picked up on. It's like watching a movie for the first time.

what's the significance of nickname "Eyeball", given to Chris's (played by River Phoenix) older brother. I noticed that it looks like he has a scar on his left eye. I don't think they explained it in the movie, but they may have in the book.

TedBundy said:
Such a good movie. Isn't it fun to watch a movie now that you last saw when you were really young. And you get to appreciate all the things you never picked up on. It's like watching a movie for the first time.

yeah, unless its like clash of the titans or something that looks like ass with my adult eyes.

Varnish said:
yeah, unless its like clash of the titans or something that looks like ass with my adult eyes.
yea you're right there's also the negative effects of watching a cheesy movie that you remember being good while watching it as a child. I ruined a couple of movies that way. Like People Under the Stairs, until I watched it recently that was the scariest fucking movie. It's still cool, but way too cheesy.

Yeah lets all hold hands and form a circle, then use our time together to figure out how to make you stop fucking posting.

Phantred said:
Yeah lets all hold hands and form a circle, then use our time together to figure out how to make you stop fucking posting.
right after we figure out how to make your reply seem funny.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a good movie.

I kinda half-watched it a few weeks back, and for some reason it reminded me a lot of TW.

Lots of swearing, homerphobe banter, and talk about improbable combats and favourite consumables.

Someone well versed in the movie and TW lore could make a character mapping between the two. I wonder who would get to be Ace?

Back