[Windows] Is it possible to put recent applications as a quicklaunch toolbar?

Afterimage

Contributor
Veteran XX
So in XP, recently used apps get put directly on the Start menu. Any way to put that "menu" as a sort of quicklaunch-style bar right on the taskbar?

Thanks in advance

yes. right click on your task bar and select TOLLBARS/NEW TOOL BAR/

it will bring up a folder view so go to c:\documents and settings\username\then select My Recent Documents and press OK

yea i seeeeeee
can still do like mine, just make a new folder and point to it and then put shortcuts in the folder to the apps you want in there. i do it for many things i want quick access to and use it as much as quick launch.

Yeah I'm installing new software all the time though, I must have a hundred apps on this thing. The recent apps feature is kinda cool, just hoping to bump it up a notch.

:shrug: I'm not a fan of the "recent apps" menu.

I just pin the programs that I use most often to the menu so I know exactly where they are.

It seems like it's the same thing, but this way they're always in the same spot.

Dumpy Dooby said:
There's no folder for it. You can probably write a program in C++ or find one that can do it.

To get a list of programs that appear in the list, open up regedit.

HKCU\Software\Classes\Applications

The key should look like this:
Key: [file name]
Name: [ (Default) | NoStartKey ]
Type: REG_SZ
Value: (value not set)

If "Name" = NoStartKey, then that means it will not show up in the recent apps list on the start menu. ;)
Hey that's pretty close; now if I could just find a way to implement it, not being a programmer (currently)...

Thanks.

Back