Half-Life 2 Update

xgalaxy

Veteran X
From Blues News :

Half-Life Fallout has word from Gabe Newell on Steam packages for Half-Life 2, which will be made available for purchase next week, allowing another chance for gamers to pre-purchase the still not-gold game, in spite of recent doubts cast upon its release date (story). Each of the three game bundles does include Counter-Strike: Source, and word is the full final version of the revamped version of the military shooter mod that comprises Half-Life 2 multiplayer play will be made available on Steam at the time the bundles can be purchased. Here's the summary of the various retail and Steam editions of Half-Life 2:

Retail Boxes

• Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).
• Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

• Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.
• Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.
• Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

Looks like you CS fags will be able to at least pre-load, purchase, and play the full version of CS:Source while you wait for HL2 to come out.

Why would you buy the collectors addition when the Gold Edition from Steam will probably be 'around' the same amount and has way more stuff with it? Other then to actually have the box and stuff I dont see why you would go with Collectors over Gold.

I remember going into a gamestop to buy Far Cry and the guy was like would you like to pre-order HL2? I'm like no i'll wait until i'm sure the game is comming out. He got all defensive like "It'll be out in a month or two" I think that was in june or july.

HL2 will be released in November of 2086

edit: wtf 6 CDs?!@ i don't want to pay more for the gay ass collector's edition or whatever, but if it gets me a single-disc DVD version i just might have to :/

Back