Brazil, Germany, Japan and India in bid for permanent seat on Security Council

scy7he

Veteran X
I for one have thought this a good idea for a while now, and I was just thinking about it last night as a matter of fact (Don't hate, I just think of shit.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3678736.stm

Although in my belief I don't think that the council should be made larger, or at least I don't see a great argument behind it. I myself would be fine kicking out France and maybe the United Kingdom (No offense to the Brits, but they aren't as economicly formidable as eithir Japan or Germany. Oh, and fuck the French.)

Expanding the council by one or two would be fine I suppose, in order to get a representative from each continent. But we already have 2 nations from europe and 2 from the greater asian continent. I can't even to begin to guess who would be a good choice from Africa.

I searched for 'security'. sry if this is ofn

scy7he said:
I for one have thought this a good idea for a while now, and I was just thinking about it last night as a matter of fact (Don't hate, I just think of shit.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3678736.stm

Although in my belief I don't think that the council should be made larger, or at least I don't see a great argument behind it. I myself would be fine kicking out France and maybe the United Kingdom (No offense to the Brits, but they aren't as economicly formidable as eithir Japan or Germany. Oh, and fuck the French.)

Expanding the council by one or two would be fine I suppose, in order to get a representative from each continent. But we already have 2 europe and 2 from the greater asian continent. I can't even to begin to guess who would be a good choice from Africa.

Sounds good, but Brazil?

Haunt said:
What the hell can Brazil and india bring to the council?

edit: typo.
You're kidding, right? India is rapidly becoming a global powerhouse.

Thanks to my good friend, Ghandi. He made this all possible.

scy7he said:
I can't even to begin to guess who would be a good choice from Africa.

I would say South Africa, but things have been... wierd.. there the past few years. Since the end of Apartheid, they seem to be trying very much to make up for lost ground and seem possibly headed towards where Zimbabwe's at at the moment..

ZombieAFO said:
Sounds good, but Brazil?

For south america. It's not a bad suggestion as far as that goes, although it would be strange expanding the security council, including a South American country, and still not having a country there that is primarily spanish speaking.

PS: India is the second largest nation on the planet, and a nuclear power. Don't dismiss them so lightly just because they've got no food.

scy7he said:
For south america. It's not a bad suggestion as far as that goes, although it would be strange expanding the security council, including a South American country, and still not having a country there that is primarily spanish speaking.

Yeah, the continental representatives is a good idea.

ZombieAFO said:
Yeah, the continental representatives is a good idea.

Yay! Australia gets a seat!

BTW: with our current leader, our stance could very easily be summarized by pointing at the US rep and saying "what he said!"

Japan should definately get the spot but I feel they will give it to India based on their population size alone.

Back