florida people and others who have gone to orlando

Putrid

Veteran X
what's the better time of year to go and see universal and disney stuff, and anything else there?

my kid and I are thinking of doing the 'big' vacation thing there for a couple of weeks because he has never been on one and needs an overdose of theme parks at least once in his life.

we could probably go end of may or in aug of next year, which is better for weather and stuff?

:bouncy:

Its always packed, the lines always suck. Go in Nov or Dec, the weather will be nicer so you won't sweat your ass off while you wait in line.

Putrid said:
what's the better time of year to go and see universal and disney stuff, and anything else there?

my kid and I are thinking of doing the 'big' vacation thing there for a couple of weeks because he has never been on one and needs an overdose of theme parks at least once in his life.

we could probably go end of may or in aug of next year, which is better for weather and stuff?

:bouncy:

weather is probably best around april, the summer is grueling hot, the winter weather is better, but thats also when a lot of the amusement parks shut down some of the bigger rides for maintenance...however the crowds are also a lot smaller as well.

you DONT want to go on any kind of holiday..it will be swamped.

all kinds of things to do in orlando..cocoa beach and the space shuttle arent too far of a drive and they have an outstanding all day tour at kennedy

JuggerNaught said:
weather is probably best around april, the summer is grueling hot, the winter weather is better, but thats also when a lot of the amusement parks shut down some of the bigger rides for maintenance...however the crowds are also a lot smaller as well.

you DONT want to go on any kind of holiday..it will be swamped.

all kinds of things to do in orlando..cocoa beach and the space shuttle arent too far of a drive and they have an outstanding all day tour at kennedy

yea, we were taking a look at kennedy too, like most boys he's pretty keen on that. Is there a shuttle/bus that goes there from any of the 'resort' hotels?

Putrid said:
yea, we were taking a look at kennedy too, like most boys he's pretty keen on that. Is there a shuttle/bus that goes there from any of the 'resort' hotels?
I dont know for sure, but i would say yes. I can look around if you want down here, there are always tour packages in the stores and stuff. I know at kennedy they have a HUGE tour, takes you through the whole station. they have a tour bus thing that goes to each area, you get off, you can mill around in that area for as long as you like and there is another bus that comes along every 15-20 minutes to take you to the next area. you get to see the engines up close and everything, very freaky how large everything is.

If you can make your vacation around a time when there is a launch, i would very much say that is what you should do. Watching a shuttle launch is pretty awe inspiring and can be seen for like 3-4 miles in every direction or you can pay 75 bucks and get out on kennedy (its sort of like an island) though you have to secure a spot in advance.

well, I think kennedy is on our list...

I am thinking that's it's going to have to be about a two week vacation thing as he wants to go to both universal places, epcot, busch gardens, sea world and the water park. he's not that keen on disney stuff but I have been to the one in cali many times and I want to see the one in orlando.

:roller:

We went this year in mid-May. Not by choice, we had to go to a wedding. However it worked out to be a good time. The heat was not too bad. 80-90s and humid, but not unbearable. The parks and stuff were not crowded at all. The kids were still in school, and it was after the Easter vacation season but before the big summer travelers.

The only thing with the heat is in the late afternoon you have to find some sort of attraction with a/c. Walking around in the main part of the day was too much for my poor pale Buffalo skin.

Like others have said, it's always busy. So with that in mind, go anytime except for christmas and summer period, and before spring break.... soo... early march or so is when I would go (and did, last year)

i was there in june with my g/f and her daughter. it was hot and humid as fucking fuck (i am from cali where the heat is "dry"). i would suggest not going then. i did meet up with unamed and taurus and they were cool. do that.

Pretty much what everyone else said. Ill reiterate on the heat, it is hot as slavery in the summer.

Its gonna be "crowded" always, but you may get it when its not "packed."

mid may when he gets out of school should work for us as far as heat I think as long as it's not all rainy and tornado like...

we have been in MS for two years now and I think the heat and humidity wouldn't be a big shock for us.

we are also going to take it slow and take plenty of days to hang out, I have done this sort of resort vacation before and I know that trying to cram everything into a week and trying to hurry from one line to the next is a pain in the butt. I also know how to plan the park routes ahead of time so that you see what you want and don't waste time on stuff that doesn't interest us.

:roller:

Back