Haggy's T:V single player demo review

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
in short.

don't bother.

if you have played the multiplayer, then there is no reason to get this, other than maybe look to see what the 1 arena level looks like. On normal, it's EXTREMELY easy, and very short.

The graphics/models do look nice on Ultrahigh detail at 1600x1200, I will give irrational that. I hope the single player game offers more than this.

Hard was actually kinda hard :(

The BE level where they're all flying around super fast shooting you w/ the blaster, and I only had energy blade :<<<

Calder said:
Hard was actually kinda hard :(

The BE level where they're all flying around super fast shooting you w/ the blaster, and I only had energy blade :<<<
I thought that was the hardest part of the whole thing. After that it's pretty stupid

My favorite is the heavies with the mortars named "spammer" and your butt buddies go "Oh no, they have repair packs!"

I saved my cg for it, used the blade on the retarded brown things on the beginning

The single player is fucking retarded, but was anyone expecting it not to be?

WrathChild said:
Actually that part sounds pretty stupid too.. hordes of blasters vs a blade..

Its just you have to get close to them to hit them with a blade, and there blastering does massive damage and is accurate up close.

like I said in TT.. if that sp demo was all I knew about Tribes, I wouldn't buy the game. That sucked.

yep i agree, if that single player demo was all i knew of tribes..i would say..."this game sucks..its like for 10 year olds"

luckily, i know better.

in the blaster "level", i killed one of the guys and quickly picked up his blaster and just used it against them.

I think it doesn't make much sense that you can pick up multiple weapons of hte same type...i had the chaingun taking up 2 weapon slots and then droppe done and picked up a disc and had 2 disc launchers.

cap.gif

Got Haggis? said:
yep i agree, if that single player demo was all i knew of tribes..i would say..."this game sucks..its like for 10 year olds"

luckily, i know better.

in the blaster "level", i killed one of the guys and quickly picked up his blaster and just used it against them.

I think it doesn't make much sense that you can pick up multiple weapons of hte same type...i had the chaingun taking up 2 weapon slots and then droppe done and picked up a disc and had 2 disc launchers.
that's never happened to me, possible bug?

yeah the singleplayer was way too easy. i have to congratulate them though, because most noob players will have a hard time playing the game on "hard" mode. but i didnt run into a single hard part that actually challenged my ability. When they rolled in the bomber and tank i thought it might get interesting, but the bomber moved so slow and so predictably it was so easy to hit it with the Spinfusor. Then the tank stayed in the shallow trench around the arena, so lobbing grenades even in the general vicinity of the tank allowed for maximum damage each time. In the end, it was a fun romp, with potential, but waay to easy for anybody who can consistently get kills in any tribes game besides in noob pub servers. I never died once, played straight through on hard mode the first time... :\

Back