[NFL] Jags cut Hugh Douglas

booty

Veteran XV
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1871056

Any people in the jax area catch any news on this? I had heard no rumors at all. I think to almost everyone it was a complete surprise. The article says the eagles, bears, skins and giants are interested in him. I am sure he will find some work.

It would be somewhat ironic if he went back to the eagles. 2 years ago they said the eagles d was dead because they lost hugh and Trotter. Then 2 years later they would both be back for less money.

thats funny, according to my dynasty in espn nfl 2k5 the jags just traded hugh douglas for eli manning.

I think douglas can have a pretty big impact on any of those teams. Whatever happens I suspect it will be real soon. Whoever signs him will want him in town for next weeks game.

Uh... this is a prime opportunity for the Packers to sign another good DE.

Jesus Christ Sherman get on the fucking phone.

Heh looking over some info. Since the jags stupidly gave him 6M up front Douglas made about 7M for last year. Meaning he made more than Le'Var Arrington, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Michael Strahan etc etc. Guy made triple that of some of the elite defensive players of all positions heh.

sweeeeeeeeeet....

you heard it here first--I bet he ends up back here in Philly...with the loss of N.D. Kalu, we need another DE, and the Eagles players love his leadership and attitude :)

The pack gave 12M up front to kgb last year. I cant imagine they want to spend too much more on DE.

well then, certainly looks like the Eagles have enough for him, although that number reflects only the Kearse signing, and not the Owens...although if I remember correctly, they structured his contract really intelligently (one area of the Eagles that's consistently good--the front office!) so as to keep cap room pretty loose...

I remember reading an interesting article about that kgb contract. He was a restricted FA and the eagles were chasing him pretty hard. He asked the eagles for 14M up front. Not because he thought he was worth it, but because he know the eagles and pack were in a bidding war and he knew he could cash in.

The eagles broke off all talks immediately and then the Pack for some reason actually paid him what he was asking for even though the bidding war was over. They could have paid him like 1M and then dealt with this him this offseason when he would of had competition at his position in the free agent market. Instead they over paid my 30-40% and put themselves in a very dangerous cap situation if he gets badly injured.

-TigerClaw- said:
sweeeeeeeeeet....

you heard it here first--I bet he ends up back here in Philly...with the loss of N.D. Kalu, we need another DE, and the Eagles players love his leadership and attitude :)

And about 5 minutes ago, he signed a 1-year deal with the Eagles...told ya, bitches ;)

wow didnt think it would be that fast. He must of had the eagles in mind, did not even have a chance to entertain counterofffers.

hugh douglas and jevon kearse? dear god i can't wait for the season to start. i've gotta make an over/under bet on how quickly warner gets knocked out for the season on opening day...

what a great offseason for the eagles :]

Back