So my English teacher just sent me an email.

scy7he

Veteran X
I had asked if it were OK for me to use Open Office (It's an on line course through the University of Central Florida, and I just happen to use OOffice) and this is the email she sent in reply.

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Michael,
Send me any document in Word. Let me open it, make comments and sent it
back. Otherwise, my grading comments may be lost. You are telling me
you can preserve format, which is vital. I also want to verify that It
will record my comments.
PK

I have two concerns about this email.

#1. "Let me open it, make comments and sent it back.”
#2. Does she want me to do everything in Word (as stated in the syllabus) or does she want me to send her a file from Open Office for her to test?

Looks like she wants you to create a document in OO, save as word and send it to her. She'll add comments and send it back. You'll open it in OO and check if her comments are still there.

Pavi said:
Looks like she wants you to create a document in OO, save as word and send it to her. She'll add comments and send it back. You'll open it in OO and check if her comments are still there.
.​

Word has special "comments" that are tagged and can be hidden or exposed. She is trying to see if a feature of word is supported. "markup" is the feature I believe...

Pavi said:

That's what I'm thinking, but I wanted to get a second opinion before making a fool of myself.

I plan to send this in the document

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Hopefully I won't be seen as some sort of suck up.

what Brasstax and Pavi said...if you don't have MS word then I'm sure you can send anyone a doc and we'll test it for you

By the looks of your English teacher's email it looks like you may fail the class by simply doing everything correctly.

Please report back at the end of the grading period.

scy7he said:
I plan to send this in the document

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Hopefully I won't be seen as some sort of suck up.

Jesus christ dude, you are testing fucking word not getting into her pants yet.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Curabitur pulvinar urna mollis neque. Nulla pede. Nullam blandit feugiat est. Etiam nisl. Phasellus massa magna, ultrices eget, malesuada a, sodales sed, ante. Vivamus mollis, mauris eget mattis tempus, nulla magna elementum tortor, id tincidunt erat mi lobortis nibh. Aenean vehicula ligula a risus. Etiam eleifend. Donec arcu ante, adipiscing vel, sagittis ut, ultrices sed, sem. Cras interdum erat vel nisl. Phasellus sed wisi. Donec pulvinar mollis lorem. Phasellus fermentum neque eget ipsum. Nam luctus feugiat magna. Vivamus mauris. Duis tristique ultrices leo. Mauris ut tellus. Morbi sed nisl. Curabitur lobortis ligula quis nulla. Vivamus placerat.

WarMachine said:
it's through UCF

what the fuck do you expect

I really don't care. If I wasn't taking this course online I would test out of it. It's General Education so as long as I get an A I'm straight.

Back