Guild Wars 2nd public demo: October 29th-31st

Dyno

Veteran XV
I did a search for "guild" and the last thread was in May. So if it's OFN, blame the last thread creator for not making a clear enough title.

http://www.guildwars.com/preview/

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I'm really liking NCSoft as a publisher. Not only do they publish great games, but they know how to market them well.

Most notable changes from the last demo:

Guilds and Guild warfare added. Now we can make a TribalWar guild and own it up in the arena.

Leveling introduced. You start at level 15 (like the last demo) but can advance to level 20.

They still have a fair amount to go if you can only get up 5 levels. I suppose the huge array of those gem skills was good tho.

Have they pumped the graphics? The req seems higher than last time. My 64meg gf2 handled it easy last time :S

Riavan said:
Have they pumped the graphics? The req seems higher than last time. My 64meg gf2 handled it easy last time :S
Get a new card, or you will spend lots of time crying this fall. You're missing out on a lot of graphical goodness, stuff that your card simply can't render. I upgraded from gf2 to 9800, GOOD decision. :D

ghostcri said:
This game looks hawt.
WoW, EQ2, and Guild Wars will have to fight for my time.
Process of elimination.

EQ sucks, so scratch that. :D

WoW and Guild Wars will be roughly the same enjoyment level (guessing), but Guild Wars has no monthly fee.

GW wins.

loved the e3 demo. very good game for the stage it was in. i cant wait to get my hands on this demo in oct. sucks that tv comes around that time too.

I remember having an awsome battle necromancer and ruling the arena with 7 other people. We won about 16 rounds in a row. Sweet game.

Damn, I fucking fell in love with the E3 demo. I bought CoH to hold me over, but it wasn't near as fun as that one weekend of GW :(

I was a mesmer in E3, I think there was a grand total of 5 primary mesmers playing the E3 demo. It was pretty neat that nobody knew what my spells and stuff did.

I wasn't impressed with Guild Wars personally :shrug: It was pretty, but outside of that I thought it kind of sucked.

Back