kdm

Veteran X
Dell PC Specs
Pentium4 1.8ghz
512MB RAM
ati Radeon 9600
Master Harddrive-40GB Maxtor 6L040J2
*Slave Harddrive-160GB Maxtor 6Y160P0 <--Can Not View Data

I had a virus and went through the steps from the Symantec website to remove it. WIN32.DLL was infected and I didn't think deleting that would be a good thing. I reinstalled WinXP Home to start a new.
I reinstalled winXP onto C:. And now my PC doesn't want to look in my other hard drive. My other harddrive was named F: until I reinstalled winXP, now it got renamed to D:
When I click on it to view files in windows explorer it asks if I want to format the drive, which I DO NOT want to do. It's a 160GB harddrive and the problem isn't the jumpers(set to slave), or the <137GB problem windows has, I configured all that.

A Friend suggested I go into Disk Managment and try to "import disk". But That option wasn't available(I was in safe mode as "Administrater"). I was able to change the drive letter back to F: though.
Here's a screenshot of the disk managment.
current.jpg

I'm afraid I haven't a clue what to do.I would really like to keep the data thats on the HDD if it's possible. Hopefully someone can help me out.
Anyone know how to get my HDD working without having to format it?
Any help is appreciated.

Unmount?
I'm not familiar with this. I did a google search but found information about Linux commands.

And what should I change about the letter designation?

Back