Best ATI drivers out? Should i go DNA or is there better?

Yes linky please.
I'm still getthing weird lighting artifacts in CoH and Thief 3.
<Shakes fist at ATI>

[edit]
Thanks!

Neek said:
Yes linky please.
I'm still getthing weird lighting artifacts in CoH and Thief 3.
<Shakes fist at ATI>

I was getting some weird artifacts in D3 and FarCry too, i then reinstalled the drivers and eventually downloaded the 4.9 drivers and have had no problems since. You might want to do check this site: http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak1222.aspx out before installing new drivers, previous versions might cause problems.

There is also a Driver removal tool that comes with Omega versions of it, not sure if you can download that seperately though.

Black1ce said:
so does it increase anything besides doom3 or what

Well Doom 3 is the most significant because ATi hasn't updated anything to do with OpenGL in awhile... so you'll see improvements with anything running OpenGL.

I did however notice a slight improvement in Far Cry.

I will have to try the 4.9 betas...

I have 4.7 installed now on my p2.26, 512 pc2700, 9700pro. Doom 3 runs amazingly at 1024x in High Quality (Except when opening the occaisonal door, the game will freeze for about 1-2 seconds while loading shit).

the difference between the regular ATi drivers and Omega drivers is so small that it doesn't warrant the use of non supported drivers. Because of this, I recommend just using the ones ATi releases. Either use the latest official Catalyst drivers or use the 4.9 beta drivers (which I'm using and they improved D3 performance and haven't caused any problems). It's not hard. Don't make things harder for yourself by using modified drivers.

Get an nvidia and all you have to do is download the latest driver.
Piece O crap ATI you need a different driver for every game.

So happy to be rid of that shit. I handed my 9800pro down to my nephew and the fan on it just died and won't run any games now due to heat.
Welcome to ATI son! lol

Boomyguy said:

So happy to be rid of that shit. I handed my 9800pro down to my nephew and the fan on it just died and won't run any games now due to heat.
Welcome to ATI son! lol
The 9800 Pro I have now is my first ATI card in my desktop and it has been fine. No driver issues or anything... I think some people just suck at installing drivers for some reason. :p nVidia will be my next card though most likely. :) I don't think the "colors are better" on ATI cards like I always hear people saying.

Boomyguy said:

Welcome to ATI son! lol
My 9800 Pro runs everything awesomely and I usually just run with the latest drivers.

Back