[Poker] what would you do

n9ne

Veteran XV
at a .25/.50 NL (hold-em) table, you have 20 dollars at the table

Small blind just passed you, you are dealt pocket kings. everyone in front of you folds, you raise to 2$. SB folds, bb raises to 4 and you call

Flop comes Jc 3s 6h. he bets 2, you raise to 6 and he calls

(pot is 20$ at this point, you have 10 left)

An ace comes on the turn. He puts you all in

call or fold?

It really depends on what kind of player he is. Has he been trying to steal blinds and generally been playing loose-aggressive?

I smell AA, though.

-§trife- said:
It really depends on what kind of player he is. Has he been trying to steal blinds and generally been playing loose-aggressive?

I smell AA, though.
with my luck it would be the most aggressive bluffing player at the table...

but he would actually have the aces :\

-§trife- said:

you came to the table a few hands before your BB and thus havent been able to determine any style of play for him

n9ne said:
at a .25/.50 NL (hold-em) table, you have 20 dollars at the table

Small blind just passed you, you are dealt pocket kings. everyone in front of you folds, you raise to 2$. SB folds, bb raises to 4 and you call

Flop comes Jc 3s 6h. he bets 2, you raise to 6 and he calls

(pot is 20$ at this point, you have 10 left)

An ace comes on the turn. He puts you all in

call or fold?
he's got nothing and is trying to muscle you out of the pot. he was chasing the straight and missed it. probably had a 4/2 or something. you should call his all in. wtf its 20 bucks and youve got a hand that can only be beat by A/A.

he didnt have the other ace in his pocket though. either that or he is a dumb ass. with that much already in the pot i would have checked you, if you bet and i had the other ace then i would have gone all in.

only bluffers go all in in that scenario IMO.

but again .. i dont know the events leading up to this.

MaD_ReBeL said:
he's got nothing and is trying to muscle you out of the pot. he was chasing the straight and missed it. probably had a 4/2 or something. you should call his all in. wtf its 20 bucks and youve got a hand that can only be beat by A/A.
you think at a .25/.50 table he'd call a $2 raise with 4/2?

All he needs is one ace in his hand mad_rebel, im not sure but it sounds like your saying he would need pocket aces

and also the fact that there are 4 total aces, not 2

maybe im just reading your post completely wrong

filsinger said:
you wouldnt call a preflop reraise with KK? are you stupid.
Uhh actually you are, because if you reread his text he implies that he would reraise him.

(btw what actually happened)?

Sam_ said:
Uhh actually you are, because if you reread his text he implies that he would reraise him.

(btw what actually happened)?

yes i am. i reread it. its too late... time for bed.

okay, for one, there are poker forums to post this stuff on. And two, you played this hand horribly. I'd probably raise to ~8 preflop after he reraises you. If he pushes, I call, and if i'm up against AA so be it, but too many times at these low levels they do that with 10-QQ. If he calls your reraise, and bets out on that flop, i'd push.

The way you played it, there is absolutely nothing you can beat except a stone cold bluff. Seems like he had JJ to me. pick a better spot *shrug*

Back