Family Guy is great, but....

Tremorkill

Veteran XV
...what are some of the jokes or gags that you hated? I mean stuff you thought only wasted time and wasn't funny at all.

One part I thought was stupid was when Stewie sings Rocket Man. I thought that was just a huge, drawn out, waste of time gag.

Tremorkill said:
...what are some of the jokes or gags that you hated? I mean stuff you thought only wasted time and wasn't funny at all.

One part I thought was stupid was when Stewie sings Rocket Man. I thought that was just a huge, drawn out, waste of time gag.
I'm sorry, HumorBot, but you need to go in for maintenance.

Any of the times where they used jokes that had already been done before; which wasn't often. i.e. Stewie acts like he's having an orgasm at the table, Bryan says "I'll have what he's having"

Pick most of the songs, and I didn't like them. Not suprisingly, I hate musicals also...

The "peter-time" song was awesome though.

I didn't like it when any of them break into song, but I still think it's the bestest show evar! :]

meg was fucking annoying as shit

they didnt show stewie enough in the third season

too much sing and dance acts in the third season

and i want my new episodes!!! :(

The Rocket Man thing was funny, but it lasted too long. They've had some trouble sticking with cutaway scenes for too long.

ya..that whole william shatner rocket man thing went on for way too long

that's the only thing I ever had a problem with

the songs were always pretty good IMO

The episode where Chris becomes "Cristobel" and Peter goes off on a 5 minute song about Meg. :ugh:

Definitely one of the worst Family Guy scenes ever.

GraphiX said:
The episode where Chris becomes "Cristobel" and Peter goes off on a 5 minute song about Meg. :ugh:

Definitely one of the worst Family Guy scenes ever.
Not as bad as the "I need a jew" song.

That whole episode sucked (except when the guy pretended to be an answering machine)

I love Family Guy near and dear to my heart. But sometimes Seth McFarlene's voice-acting for Peter/Stewie/Brian gets annoying with the forced stuttering. I understand its his style, and still think he's hilarious. But a tad annoying.

Anybody notice the Stewie thing with "Rocket Man" and the Beck video "Where It's At"?

They do the same thing at one point... Strange...

Whose gag was that first, they're both obviously copying somebody...

Back