Would you like some pot with your parfait?

Special---K

Contributor
Veteran XX
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/archive/2004/07/29/dessertjoint.DTL

SAN BENITO, Texas -- A teenager says she found a partially smoked, quarter-inch long marijuana cigarette in her frozen yogurt parfait at a McDonald's in South Texas.

Valerie Valle, 16, of Round Rock and seven other family members were returning home Thursday from a weeklong vacation on South Padre Island when they stopped for breakfast, the Valley Morning Star in Harlingen reported Saturday.

Valle said she waited in line to return the parfait and replied "no thanks" when asked if she wanted another one. The restaurant refunded the money.

According to a San Benito police report, only two McDonald's employees made parfaits that morning. Restaurant management told police the employees take drug tests.

Police took the used marijuana cigarette as evidence.

No charges have been filed and no arrests have been made.

"We're conducting our own internal investigation into this incident," said Joe Magliolo, operations manager for the company that owns the McDonald's franchise. "Obviously, it would be inappropriate to come to any conclusions as to what did or did not happen until all the facts are known."

Chief Building Inspector Joe Avila said the McDonald's passed a city health inspection Friday morning. Avila said the restaurant's management requested a city health inspection for the building following the incident.

--------------------------

Why'd they return it?

free weed!

I worked at McDonalds for almost 2 years. It wasn't as bad as I expected, then again, it was my first job.

This kid i knew used to deal pot from the McDonalds he worked at. When delivering it to the people he would say something like "heres your order and your extra quarter pounder" or something retarded like that

Sentor said:
It's hers, her parents found it, and she is trying to pawn it off on someone else.

Totally. I mean, did she really think that some kids were smoking a jay while making here parafait and were like "shit dude, here comes the boss. Put it out man" and just dropped it in like 'oh well, hope they don't notice'

Dumb 16 year old kid.

Back