My Cell Phone...

Dough

Veteran X
will randomly make my speakers\amp\TV make a buzzing sound. It usually does it before someone calls, but most times it just does it. help plz :(

Dough said:
will randomly make my speakers\amp\TV make a buzzing sound. It usually does it before someone calls, but most times it just does it. help plz :(

my old phone did that, just interference, no way to fix that i know of.

it would do it before someone called, and probably whenever it tells the base station that "you are still there" thingy. Not much you can do other then get rid of the phone or speakers\amp\TV. It should help not putting it right next to the speakers\amp\TV though..

Dough said:

when someone leave a cellphone on my tv and it rings, the tv goes nuts, noises and lines all over the screen

I've seen that before.

At the place I used to work I'd set my cell phone by my computer speakers and it would make a faint buzzing sound a few seconds before it would ring. I got used to hearing it so I knew when the phone was going to ring.

I'd be talking to someone in my office, hear the quiet buzz and say, "Oh, I've got a call" a few seconds before it would ring. Made for some funny moments.

on an unrelated note, for those of you who play guitar and want to have fun plug your guitar in and turn your amp on, then take a t.v. remote, hold down a button, and bring the remote next to your pick ups. i dont think its bad for your guitar or anything, but i still dont do it often incase

ThePatient said:
on an unrelated note, for those of you who play guitar and want to have fun plug your guitar in and turn your amp on, then take a t.v. remote, hold down a button, and bring the remote next to your pick ups. i dont think its bad for your guitar or anything, but i still dont do it often incase

I think that's how the Ebow works. It creates a controlled feedback loop.

Cliffs: your phone sends radio signals sometimes, and when the tower tells the phone that you've got a call, the phone sends radio signals back so you can take that call.

Ever notice how if you hold a microphone real close to a tv/monitor, you can hear a buzzing sound through it? Electromagnetic (EM) fields.

Same thing. Electromagnetic fields are electrical fields and magnetic fields. A way long time ago (relatively) some famous guy figured that electicity creates magnetism, and magnetism can create electricity. This is how we get our power.

Anywho, to save power, your phone is not always sending out radio signals, unless you're on a call or dl'ing something (rings/pix/etc) with it. It sends signals to the tower, the same as irc does (Ping? Pong!), and then, when it activates its radio transmitter, is when it causes interference. Same as when you call or get called, the tower's radio transmitter sends out for just your phone, and since your phone is always passively listening, it gets it right away. Then it makes contact, a response that it got the message, callerid info, and that it will ring. It stays connected in case you want to take the call.

Notes: Passive listening (think sonar) is easier, uses less power, and more logical for the mobile device, than checking in every so often. Yes the device checks in once in a while, but if it had to check in to get the call, it would take about 5min for someone calling to get to your phone.

ThePatient said:
Yeah I used to do that. I had a might collection and it made its way subliminaly into a few songs.

Uncle Silas said:
I think that's how the Ebow works. It creates a controlled feedback loop.
No ebow actully makes the strings RING. Magnetic waves yo.

Radio frequencies from cell phones and remotes etc and just being pickup up by the pickups/electronics.

Thanks for the help of telling me there is no way around it :(

I try to leave my phone in the middle of all 3 so it doesnt do it to any of them at night. But sometimes I forget and it wakes me up at like 6 am :\

Dough said:

thats always happend to me for the past 5 years now

SINep said:
No ebow actully makes the strings RING. Magnetic waves yo.

Radio frequencies from cell phones and remotes etc and just being pickup up by the pickups/electronics.

Actually the ebow makes the stings vibrate. How do you think moving fingers on the fretboard creates different notes.

Psychosis said:
Actually the ebow makes the stings vibrate. How do you think moving fingers on the fretboard creates different notes.
Vibrate/Ring same thing...

and to answer your questions its equal-tempered tuning.

Back