What the shit? Where did these 600 mbs go?

Hedge

Veteran X
I'm not going into specifics as to not turn this to a warez there, but I have a .tar file with two CD's in it. Total size is 1.41 gigs.

I extract the Bin/Cue from CD1. Everything is fine.

I go to extract from CD2, and it says there are like 30 files missing. I look at all the files in the folder, and true there are only like 160 mbs in there.

When I go back to the to .tar and check the properties, it says there is 1.41 gigs.

I have show hidden files turned on.

What's going?

Damn those chinese...

Now what do I do. I want to watch this sequel to a movie which is based on a comics. And that's all you've heard from me.

Hedge said:
Damn those chinese...

Now what do I do. I want to watch this sequel to a movie which is based on a comics. And that's all you've heard from me.
Why the hell is it compressed in a tar file? :/

It's a .tar file. There are two folders in it. All the files in the folders are named xxx.r00, xxx.r01 etc. To get the bin/cue you extract them from the xxx.r00 (I made a thread about this yesterday).

Weird thing is, when I highlight both folders together it says there are only 860 mbs, but in the properties of the .tar it says 1.41 gigs.

Have the chinese cheated me out of 30 files? I will revenge..

Hedge said:
It's a .tar file. There are two folders in it. All the files in the folders are named xxx.r00, xxx.r01 etc. To get the bin/cue you extract them from the xxx.r00 (I made a thread about this yesterday).

Weird thing is, when I highlight both folders together it says there are only 860 mbs, but in the properties of the .tar it says 1.41 gigs.

Have the chinese cheated me out of 30 files? I will revenge..
Yup, whoever repacked them into 1 tar file should be shot. Good job failing at warezing.

Anyone else you know that tried the file and it worked? It could have been a bad pack. Are you using the latest version of WinRAR as well? Sometimes the newer versions can recover corruptions a little better.

Other than that, ess oh ell.

Back