picked up naacp 2005 today (xbox)

Musashi

SGT Shred
Veteran XX
I had 2004, traded in 4 games so it only cost me 3 bucks to get :]

Anyway, it's a damn solid game. It lets you launch indignant protests and you can customize your team with different combinations of black leadership. for the first game, a white cop hit a young black man with a nightstick after the young black man started shooting at police. This let me start off with 150 'Outrage Points' to divide between my team, so I spent a full 100 points on Jesse Jackson, and then looked over my options. With only 50 points left, I knew I couldn't afford Al Sharpton (I was 10 points shy) so I settled on Maxine Waters (D - Ca.). With that it was off to the protests.

Here is where the power of the Xbox shows, the graphics and sound is incredible. With only a few slogans repeated indefinitely, they were able to sacrifice length of the clip for quality. Chants of "no justice, no peace!" and "Chief Bratton is a rasis!" flow through 5.1 channels with crystal clarity. If you close your eyes you feel you are in the middle of the action. As for the graphics, the Xbox's rendering capability is so fine that it really looks like the signs have been made with sharpie pens that are running low on ink. Amazing.

Anyways, back to the gameplay. Once the level started, our mob marched on the police station to demand justice. To get there you had to pass 3 city blocks which tired and discouraged us. Having Jackson in the group was a smart move because he has an effect radius that ups your religious zeal. With Jackson in tow, we made it to the station and set up. After a while of playing, I unlocked "overdrive mode". This is when news vans arrive and there is a flurry of activity. It's in these modes you score the majority of points. In this case, I sent out a one-two combo with Jackson and Waters. Jackson said inflaming statements about how whites oppress the minorities and I selected "Native American Genocide" from the sub-menu to see what it would do. Not much... Hitting select and switching characters, I played Maxine Waters for the camera next, smoothing over some of Jackson?s more provocative comments and playing more to the guilty white liberals. The combo worked perfectly. I earned a Network TV rating of 45% and a cable News rating of 12%-- all while maintaining my black authenticity rating above 97.5%.

Overall, I give this game a big thumbs up.

screen shot:
naacp.jpg

Last edited:
Back