bittorrent woes

Gibe

Veteran XV
ive just recently got into the whole bittorrent thing, and am having serious troubles.

After about an hour of working fine, the torrent will stop, and my comp will act as tho it has no internet connection. Also, mozilla and any program will either freeze if it was running, or not start at all. I can't "end process" or kill the applications if they froze while running either.

At first i thought this was a client problem. I was using burst! and i had heard azureus advertised by several ppl here, so i got that and it does the same thing.

I'm using a linksys router but i've got the ports forwarded... but would my router cause programs to freeze and not be able to kill them?

dude try and change your ports.. i changed mine and my speeds almost doubled. Also if you have a linksys network card, bittorrnet has caused problems with them.. get network adapter drivers from the site.

hope i helped you some man

I had a problem with bittorrent locking my computer up. Do you have a 3com ethernet adapter? There is a problem with some 3com ethernet cards and bittorrent. I got a new driver (don't remember from where) and didn't have any problems afterwards. Do a search on some of the larger bittorrent forums and you should be able to find it.

First try limiting your upload to 10k < your max upload. If that doesn't help I'd try limiting the number of peers you connect to. And before you do either of these, forward your ports. By forwarding your ports you'll be able to connect to more peers/seeders that normally might have been having problems with your router.

mkay, i delayed posting in case it was just luck, but changing the ports seems to have worked. good stuff, im back up and running! thx guys

Back