One of the many reasons why I want to move back to the NW...

Putrid

Veteran X
I went to the store today to pick up some coffee and other stuff that I needed.

while I was shopping I thought, hey, it's the 4th should maybe grab some beer as I don't keep it stocked and I don't really drink that much.

In the beer isle I realized no one was picking any up and then I realized it was sunday.

you can't buy beer here on sunday, not even on the 4th of july.

that's totally freaking un-american. :(

The funny part is, in Mississippi, I don't think you can buy beer on Wed. either.

What a great way to impose some weird brand of Christianity on the general populace, state congressmen.

Putrid said:
I went to the store today to pick up some coffee and other stuff that I needed.

while I was shopping I thought, hey, it's the 4th should maybe grab some beer as I don't keep it stocked and I don't really drink that much.

In the beer isle I realized no one was picking any up and then I realized it was sunday.

you can't buy beer here on sunday, not even on the 4th of july.

that's totally freaking un-american. :(
no beer on sunday??? we just have to wait til noon, which believe me is hard

none, no beer buying in the county I live in on sunday...

I could drive to another county I suppose, not all counties here are restricted I think, but it's not like I have to have the beer, it just was a whim sort of thing, it's the principal mainly, it's not like you aren't going to get drunk on sunday if you are a booze hound just because you can't run out and buy it that day.

:roller:

well thats because you live in a assbackwards county.

I live in bama and I'm about to go get some beer right now.

:)

Morbid said:
well thats because you live in a assbackwards county.

I live in bama and I'm about to go get some beer right now.

:)

bring some over, we can swap death dream stories :lol:

:spineyes:

Morbid said:
So you're by yourself for the fourth? :(

yep :shrug:

my family is all deceased, except for my kid and he's off to the NW for the summer...

my best friends have died over the past few years in motorcycle and car accidents and at wtc...

and I haven't really met many people down here who don't think I am freaking weird...

life's strange and all, but I just keep passing the open windows so it's cool.

:D

:roller:

Separation of church and state my ass. Fucking country pisses me off sometimes. Fuck the church. Beer > Church.

yea, it sucks living in a dry county. We always had 1 city that was open @ noon in the county to sell beer.

Then there was always the bootleggers :D.

My entire state (Colorado) is run by fundamentalist, anti-American pig fuckers. As such, there's no beer (or car sales) on Sunday.

Except 3.2 :(

Actually, at random locations throughout the mountains, I know of liquor stores that are open on Sunday, but it's just not worth the drive. This week I do have Planned Emergency Reserve, so the festivities shall go forth as planned.

Back