t-303344 rural or city living... [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

rural or city living...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Putrid
07-02-2004, 02:15 PM
which would you prefer (don't mean economically I mean socially)

and a brief description of why, please :D

I am moving next year and I am torn...
I would be in a economical position to do either and they both have their pluses and minuses.

:roller:

Kurayami
07-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Rural. Because cities are disgusting, noisy, crime-ridden cespools.

Kerosene31
07-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Suburbs, near civilzation but not in the heart of a city. Preferably a short drive to work, shopping, etc. There is nothing worse than living somewhere where it takes 20 minutes + to run to a grocery store.

Rural areas give me the creeps.

max
07-02-2004, 02:17 PM
I would be in a economical position to do either and they both have their pluses and minuses.
Suburbs

Maniac

aScotiA
Like you said, they both have their pluses and minuses, it's all about personal preference. Don't let these nerds make a decision like this for you, use your own nerdy brain.

Fei
Small city or suburbs. Cities are way too crowded and make me uncomfortable.

Kurayami
07-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Like you said, they both have their pluses and minuses, it's all about personal preference. Don't let these nerds make a decision like this for you, use your own nerdy brain.Why don't you decide for her with yur studly brain, then? What would Vector Marketing tell her to do?

-]DoW[-RedDeath
i want to live in the middle of nowhere.

liquidh2o
rural(countryside), maybe 10mins outside of the city.

gives you privacy and a feeling of freedom and because I love the outdoors. And I'm still close enough to where if we wanted to catch a movie or stay some place over the weekend, the city is close by.

Putrid
07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Like you said, they both have their pluses and minuses, it's all about personal preference. Don't let these nerds make a decision like this for you, use your own nerdy brain.

like I would let anyone make decisions for me :lol:

I am just asking to see what view points are out there and why they would choose.

Watahboy
07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
I would go crazy if I lived in a rural area all my life, right now im in a suburb and it's only 5 mins for me to get into boston, and we get a great view, I like it. I had to try rural life last year, and by the end of the year it got me running a lil crazy.

GreasyBoy
07-02-2004, 02:22 PM
I live in the sticks. The drive sucks, but being able to actually see stars at night, not hearing loud car stereos rattle my windows, going for weeks without hearing sirens blaring, and being able to shoot fireworks in my front yard make up for it.

aScotiA
07-02-2004, 02:24 PM
If you're thinking of moving anywhere (as in not restricted to anything), a nice medium between city and rural life exists in New England. Northampton and Amherst Mass are both really nice place that have just about everything you could want in both city and rural settings, and are also within easy driving of Boston, Hartford and NYC.

aScotiA
07-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Why don't you decide for her with yur studly brain, then?Is this supposed to be an insult or what? I have a HOT DATE tonight as a matter of fact while you'll be playing with your toy planes ;)

Kurayami
07-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Is this supposed to be an insult or what? I have a HOT DATE tonight as a matter of fact while you'll be playing with your toy planes ;)Yes, because I have toy planes. In any event, I'm surprised that you didn't suggest outright rural living. I believe that Vector Marketing would support that over an urban lifestyle as their products could be employed in various household tasks in the country.

By the way, I have a million dollars and a supermodel girlfriend. Tonight we're going to Bermuda. :)
(I can lie on the internet too)

Watahboy
07-02-2004, 02:28 PM
NORTH HAMPTON IS ALL DYKES!!!! DONT BELIEVE THE M/FM RATIO!!! Ill be living in amherst in the fall, fun stuff to do mainly for the 18-25 crowd, lots of good eatin too! Kinda a college town area though...

JuggerNaught
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM

Putrid
07-02-2004, 02:30 PM
If you're thinking of moving anywhere (as in not restricted to anything), a nice medium between city and rural life exists in New England. Northampton and Amherst Mass are both really nice place that have just about everything you could want in both city and rural settings, and are also within easy driving of Boston, Hartford and NYC.

I am moving back to the NW, the coast, most likely oregon but maybe the washington south coast, still looking at all my options.

The cities I am looking at are all considered 'small' but portland and seattle aren't that far of a drive.

I am not moving to a big city. I loved Seattle and I still consider it home but I want to be near the coast and in a smaller city or someplace rural.

but that's not the point of the thread, I just want some input on what some of you think of either rural or city...

adenine!
07-02-2004, 02:31 PM
City without a doubt.