Bush Wants Anti-AIDS Orgs to Tell People: Condoms Don't Work

Spexx

Veteran XV
http://www.alternet.org/envirohealth/19045/

"The Bush administration quietly issued a new set of regulations to government funded AIDS fighting organizations last week, with the threat that the groups would lose funding if they did not comply. Among the new rules is the total censorship of anything remotely "obscene" in the literature or teaching aids the organizations use, such as teaching people how to put a condom on correctly using a dildo. (or even a fruit or vegetable!) Furthermore, Bush is requiring education on the so-called "lack of effectiveness of condom use" and more focus on abstinence. Abstinence-only education, of course, has been proven to be highly ineffective. One study done by the Columbia University Department of Sociology has shown that over a 5 year period the rate of unsafe sex was higher among 12,000 teens ages 12-18 who signed a pledge to remain chaste until marriage."

You gotta love backward motion (and aids).

Discuss.

ps: The world is flat and is the center of the universe.

I'll be voting for bush but I'll be the first to admit he can sometimes be a retard where the god stuff is concerned.

Musashi said:
I'll be voting for bush but I'll be the first to admit he can sometimes be a retard where the god stuff is concerned.

Your honesty is refreshing Musashi. Thank you.

:lol: I'm glad the smart people are running america.. just imagine if some dumbass got ahold of the controls.

Condoms aren't 100% effective. I think HIV prevention organizations should be required to state that. But to say they "aren't effective" is just stupid. Hey look, I agree with the abstinence thing from a moral perspective, but the government should not endorse either side as a public service announcement. It should be up to the individual groups; all they should be forced to do is tell the truth.

One of those truths is that condoms don't always work. Another is that a lot of underage and unmarried people are going to have sex despite what anyone says.

He wants the people with AIDS to kill each other off with their logical "non-working condom = no use" policy

Back