grilling some salmon tomorrow...

Just don't over-cook it, Salmon steaks should be served m-mr. Brush the grate with thin layer of vegetable oil as well.

1) Put it on tinfoil and fold the tinfoil around it to create a "tent" of sorts. This not only allows you to cook the salmon easier, but it makes it taste better too.
2) Don't flip it.
3) Cook it until the thickest part flakes when cutting into it (i.e. it's not fleshy).

grilldog.jpg

Lockerbie said:
1) Put it on tinfoil and fold the tinfoil around it to create a "tent" of sorts. This not only allows you to cook the salmon easier, but it makes it taste better too.
2) Don't flip it.
3) Cook it until the thickest part flakes when cutting into it (i.e. it's not fleshy).
as somebody who's been eating salmon/steelhead at least once a week my whole life, i concur.

i've never once had to buy it though ;)

cook it with some slices of onion, lemon pepper and a cube of butter in tinfoil

Use the tinfoil tent method, salmon falls apart on the grill too easy.

What I do is make a marinade of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vineger, minced garlic, oregano, sea salt, fresh black pepper and basil. Let the salmon steam in that till done, then transfer to a dish and pour the sauce over it. My wife goes nuts when I make this for her ;)

i would also recommend fresh rosemary sprigs (ask your neighbor for some if you don't...it grows like a weed, they won't mind). Just rub a bunch of the needles onto the salmon.

Back