To anybody still using Internet Explorer

Just trying to help out. :) People still come into #tech asking about spyware removal all the time so obviously people are still using IE.

At0m|c said:
Just trying to help out. :) People still come into #tech asking about spyware removal all the time so obviously people are still using IE.

Tell them they are dumb, I have only used IE and only once in god know how many years have I ever gotten a toolbar, which I typed into google and found a way to remove it quickly.

You probably didn't read that article then. All you have to do is visit a site exploiting that hole and you'll get it. Surely MS will release a fix sometime soon but it's still a good reason not to use IE, among others.

I still use IE and I just recently scanned for spyware after a very long time and came up with nothing.

i use firefox, but not because i got alot of spyware or pop ups or toolbars. The only toolbar i got was the google toolbar i downloaded to stop pop ups--it did a pretty decent job. I switched to firefox just to check it out and i found out that i like it a whole lot more and u don't have to install anymore plugins than u would on IE. The tabbed browseing is awesome.

I never got spyware with IE either but there are still people out there that do. Firefox also displays pages correctly according to W3C standards which you probably don't care about, but it also has tabbed browsing and all that other cool stuff. I'm not forcing it on you but it's worth trying. Oh well. :p

I've gotten so used to Firefox that I install it right after a fresh format. Only time I use IE is when certain pages don't load right (it's rare).

Yea only pages I've come across that have had problems are windows update and that T:V beta registration. That's because they were programmed specifically for IE though. :p

You think your silly little indie browsers are so cool. You should pray that most people keep using IE, or you'll be the next target. VGE

I use Avant Browser, which uses the IE engine (you have to have IE installed to use it.) it adds tabbed browsing and I haven't had much of a problem with spyware. Only a couple times and Google took care of that for me.

Back